SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I've been looking left and right for several days everywhere on how to enable comfort close. It is possible, it can be done, it has been done despite the so called letter that SAAB sent telling dealers not to do it for fear of liability/lawsuits.

Anyone have any idea on where that option is? I have comfort open working, but dealer swears that it does not show in T2.

Anyone from Dallas/SA/Austin/Houston who's had it done, please chime in

Thanks

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
iirst check in your car invoice:

in my invoice are the option installed; for i.e. AZ4 comfort close windows.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I'm in the DFW area, but all the dealerships are owned by Sewell, and they will make absolutely no changes with the Tech II (they wouldn't even enable the trunk switch).

Is there a dealer in Austin that is willing to make changes with the Tech II? I'm driving to San Antonio next week and would love to make an appointment to have my DRLs disabled!

Please PM me with the dealer info if they are willing to make changes with their Tech II!

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Varilux, the saab dealer here went maserati (roger beasley), they wont touch DRLs. Most of the competent people left long ago when they saw the writing on the wall.

They'll do marginal stuff like autolocks, but other than that, nothing.

I'm in the DFW area, but all the dealerships are owned by Sewell, and they will make absolutely no changes with the Tech II (they wouldn't even enable the trunk switch).

Is there a dealer in Austin that is willing to make changes with the Tech II? I'm driving to San Antonio next week and would love to make an appointment to have my DRLs disabled!

Please PM me with the dealer info if they are willing to make changes with their Tech II!

·
Registered
280 Posts
That's funny... Just last week I went to look at a Maserati Coupe over lunch (a coworker wanted to take it for a test drive). Nice car! Hand stitched leather headliner, beautiful gauges, great exhaust sound.

Gotta love depreciation- a $108k car for $30k with only 27k miles and 5 years old... Man, I'd love to know where people get the money to buy these things new.

Anyway, its a crying shame there are no Saab dealers anywhere in Texas who are willing to enable the headlight switch (which is how I prefer to put it- I don't necessarily want to disable the DRLs, I just want the headlight switch to function like it does on every other car on the planet). Good luck finding someone to make your Tech II changes. Will keep you in mind if I ever find a dealer/indy who can do so.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I have two local independents with Tech II, but I am in New England where there are more Saabs...

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Could you do us all a huge favor? Could you contact some of them and see if they can enable comfort close on an 08+?

If they say they can, please ask them how to, that is, the instructions/paths within T2 to enable it.

Thanks so much

I have two local independents with Tech II, but I am in New England where there are more Saabs...

·
Registered
232 Posts
If your dealer's T2 is updated, Comfort Close isn't even a visible option anymore. My local indy is very good, and he tried to find it in the menus- used to have it- and it is no longer offered as an option on the T2 configuration menus. Saab cnx'd this option for NA a long time ago- probably due to our litigious soiciety and how we like to hammer companies for individual stupidity.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats what I feared. Most dealers have the latest T2 (version 144 I think) and Tis2Web. So *sigh* this sh!t blows. I paid for a feature they wont even allow me to have.
Sucks.

BTW, your stuff is on its way. How did the test go?

If your dealer's T2 is updated, Comfort Close isn't even a visible option anymore. My local indy is very good, and he tried to find it in the menus- used to have it- and it is no longer offered as an option on the T2 configuration menus. Saab cnx'd this option for NA a long time ago- probably due to our litigious soiciety and how we like to hammer companies for individual stupidity.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
checking Saab configurator I can see than all Aeros have comfort close, for:
9-3 Sport Sedan
Aero 2.0T A5 210 CV Euros 41870
Close comfort for electric windows
Includes express-down feature for all windows, and express up/down to close the front windows and sunroof. (in my car 2007 V6 (Euros 51000) also, the side mirrors is comfort close).

9-3 Cabrio Aero 2.0T A5 210 CV Euros 50300
KIT COMFORT
comfort close for the electric windows and remote opening of the cap top.

but different setup for USA.

more info:
Comfort Open/Close

Auto closing windows?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Yeha it blows...even when I lived in Germany, the German car dealership wouldn't enable it in my NA spec (according to VIN) '05 SS Aero.

I passed...now for the real pain, the school itself. I'l lbe gettin' scarce in a month or so, to get qual'd to put jumpers out the door at 800'. Airborne.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Awesome. Rangers all the way!

Yeha it blows...even when I lived in Germany, the German car dealership wouldn't enable it in my NA spec (according to VIN) '05 SS Aero.

I passed...now for the real pain, the school itself. I'l lbe gettin' scarce in a month or so, to get qual'd to put jumpers out the door at 800'. Airborne.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts