SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Long time lurker here. I bought a used tech2 clone as non working. The problem was that it would reset itself randomly. I though maybe a bad dc to dc converter or pcmcia card. So first I replaced the dc converter with a LM2596s as shared on a thread here by el.patron

When i turned it on for the first time after the swap it booted up into SRS232 mode but only the first couple of times. Now it will either freeze at the post screen or it will go past post and freeze when there are 2 asteriscs on the screen. It does this with or without the card installed. I then tried rewriting the PCMCIA card on an old computer using Memory card explorer. It writes successfully But it still won’t boot. Checked the output voltage on the new regulator and it is 5.00 volts. Any ideas of what i might have messed up or what I should check next.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sorry can't help. My laptop froze while writing V44 to my V148 card, so now that card won't start up my Tech2. If you have a copy of MCE (not RICOH) I'd love that however..:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts