SaabCentral Forums banner

TECH2 Clone Security Access...... Yep, here we go again!

1844 32
Hello all.
I'm reviewing the threads above for ANY inspiration, before I launch ( excuse the Pun.. ) Tech2 into the Ionosphere, or under the wheels of the Saab... whichever is most effective.
In a nutshell:

I have a Latitude running XP and a Tech2 Clone of course.
Connects to 2009 Saab 93 turbo just fine but cannot get the Security access to do anything that requires such. In my case; turn off TPS as I ditched the faulty sensors.

Open TIS200 that came on a CD from vendor.
Installed Dongle crack etc. * does seem to have an issue installing the " express " version, but Dongle seen okay.
Connect to RS232 port and laptop with supplied grey lead to 232 Adapter.

Select Tech2 View and connect = ok.
Select IO management for Tech2 properties and reports Ok.
Security access selected M3025 Connecting - To M3014 screen [ selects tech 2 ] hit NEXT, M259 Please wait! - E3324 Access to Security Access was Denied!

STUCK!

Checked Com and LPT in device manager: All ports report as follows:
BT Port (COM10)
BT Port (COM11)
BT Port (COM12)
BT Port (COM13)
BT Port (COM14)
BT Port (COM20)
BT Port (COM21)
BT Port (COM22)
BT Port (COM6)
BT Port (COM7)
Communications Port (COM1)

Tis2000 I/O management shows Tech2 connected at COM1 and Dongle at COM7 - TIS2000 loads up fine and passes the Dongle stage.

Everything else other than Security Access works ok.
I ran the inbuilt test on Tech2 which did have some failures < please see screenshots >

Please... PLEASE.... Any ideas ?? I am going crazy!

Thank you all in advance,
Eddie

(832) 984-0334
Houston - Texas.
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
14,849 Posts
You do not need security access for your OG 9-3.
There is security countdown (240 sec) when needed. Security countdown do not need any external operations etc.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Any advice would be appreciated.
all in how you search google. this took 2 mins, you will need to spend way more than that.
software Tech2-Stuff - Google Drive

how to

Why do you need security access for an OG9-3? I'm not sure where it would be required on that car.
why do people in this community answer a question with a question? better to say nothing or I don`t know.

keys are just one reason.

Glen
aka glenzworld-1999 SAAB 9-3 SE auto bilstein sport eibach pro powerflex black gs rear sway posi quiet ss lines B204L wiseco forged arp head studs in ex turbo port aero pump gs down cat bsr diy cai aem filter aem 3.5 bar ntk wb speedhut gauges.

·
Registered
19 Posts
You do not need security access for your OG 9-3.
There is security countdown (240 sec) when needed. Security countdown do not need any external operations etc.
ok sure, you obviously know more than everybody who has actually used a tech 2 on og93. your the winner yay

·
Registered
11,554 Posts
why do people in this community answer a question with a question? better to say nothing or I don`t know.

keys are just one reason.
I have access to a Tech II and I have programmed keys for a 9-5 (same as OG9-3) as well as an NG9-3? So I know where security access is required. I can't think of any place security access is required on an OG9-3. So I wonder why the OP is asking about this? There's a lot of misinformation going around.

ok sure, you obviously know more than everybody who has actually used a tech 2 on og93. your the winner yay
Where in your work on your OG9-3 has the system actually required security access?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have access to a Tech II and I have programmed keys for a 9-5 (same as OG9-3) as well as an NG9-3? So I know where security access is required. I can't think of any place security access is required on an OG9-3. So I wonder why the OP is asking about this? There's a lot of misinformation going around.

Where in your work on your OG9-3 has the system actually required security access?
well for me it was needed to replace twice and code keys, had this car 10 years with key not accepted and no keyless entry. now both work and I needed security access to do that. you are right though about the misinformation out there on our cars, especially the older ones. so you did not need security access to program keys on a 9-5?

·
Registered
12,663 Posts
I think you may be confusing terms, and you may wanna check you you're confusing them with. Post #26 above is pretty much the most non sequitur thing to have happened here in a long time. But, please, stop, you're embarrassing yourself.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think you may be confusing terms, and you may wanna check you you're confusing them with. Post #26 above is pretty much the most non sequitur thing to have happened here in a long time. But, please, stop, you're embarrassing yourself.
dude nobody is arguing, and you are the one jumping into a conversation you were not a part of. when someone tells me something is a certain way and it is not, because I have done it before and know it is not or at least not for my car, should I just say thanks for the info? this is why people don`t come to forums like this because everyone is looking to be right and like most places online with very little real knowledge. so instead of passing knowledge (the point of this forum) you want to be offended on behalf of someone else.

·
Registered
11,554 Posts
I don't know what happened in the case of an OG9-3 needing security access. I know people have swapped TWICE in a 9-5 (same architecture) without security access.

What I do know is that it's a pain to set up security access, with much testing of hardware and software. I've known people who have tried for months to set up a laptop and cable for security access for their Tech II. (Including the person with the TWICE swap.)

And that is why I am asking, why the OP needs it? Because in my experience they DON'T need it. There's no reason to go down the rabbit hole of getting a laptop and software and USB/RS dongle and cable if you don't need to! Just because on the NG9-3 it sometimes feels like you need security access to replace a tail light bulb (not really), doesn't mean that you need to go through the pain if you don't have to.

·
Registered
12,663 Posts
The only thing you need security access for on an OG9-3 is SPS... and you don't need SPS for TWICE or ECM or keys.

so instead of passing knowledge (the point of this forum) you want to be offended on behalf of someone else.
To be clear, I'm not offended, I'm amused. :) You dredged up a months old thread, posted bad info, and then rejected two people telling you you're wrong. Now a third.

Again, I think you may be confusing "security access" with something else. You can review WIS if you'd like a refresher. No security access required for these activities.

·
Registered
12,663 Posts
all in how you search google. this took 2 mins, you will need to spend way more than that.
software Tech2-Stuff - Google Drive

how to
Also, just for more giggles... take a look at who wrote the post you linked to.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts