SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.
I'm reviewing the threads above for ANY inspiration, before I launch ( excuse the Pun.. ) Tech2 into the Ionosphere, or under the wheels of the Saab... whichever is most effective.
In a nutshell:

I have a Latitude running XP and a Tech2 Clone of course.
Connects to 2009 Saab 93 turbo just fine but cannot get the Security access to do anything that requires such. In my case; turn off TPS as I ditched the faulty sensors.

Open TIS200 that came on a CD from vendor.
Installed Dongle crack etc. * does seem to have an issue installing the " express " version, but Dongle seen okay.
Connect to RS232 port and laptop with supplied grey lead to 232 Adapter.

Select Tech2 View and connect = ok.
Select IO management for Tech2 properties and reports Ok.
Security access selected M3025 Connecting - To M3014 screen [ selects tech 2 ] hit NEXT, M259 Please wait! - E3324 Access to Security Access was Denied!

STUCK!

Checked Com and LPT in device manager: All ports report as follows:
BT Port (COM10)
BT Port (COM11)
BT Port (COM12)
BT Port (COM13)
BT Port (COM14)
BT Port (COM20)
BT Port (COM21)
BT Port (COM22)
BT Port (COM6)
BT Port (COM7)
Communications Port (COM1)

Tis2000 I/O management shows Tech2 connected at COM1 and Dongle at COM7 - TIS2000 loads up fine and passes the Dongle stage.

Everything else other than Security Access works ok.
I ran the inbuilt test on Tech2 which did have some failures < please see screenshots >

Please... PLEASE.... Any ideas ?? I am going crazy!

Thank you all in advance,
Eddie

(832) 984-0334
Houston - Texas.

·
Registered
14,771 Posts
Try first to change card to another card slot.
I have met chinese copy which did not connect to TIS. After change card to another slot, it worked.

·
Registered
14,771 Posts
No need if you use only 1 card.
If only 1 card inserted, TECH2 will select it (slot) automatically.

·
Registered
2008 Saab 9-3 2.0T (Japanese Model)
125 Posts
You have bad version of it or non working cable.
hope its not a problem im responding to you on 2 diff threads, the other was pertaining to the DTC codes i got, i copied them for u to see in that thread.

but in regards to my globaltis, this was actually the one that i got "security access type 3" with ,the only version i had any progress with so i figure it was good. but i did uninstall and reinstall tis200 this morn,so ill try that out again see if maybe something corrected itself.

·
Registered
14,771 Posts
I am talking about serail cable between TECH2 and computer (with TIS).
You are now talking about main cable between TECH2 and car.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I am talking about serail cable between TECH2 and computer (with TIS).
You are now talking about main cable between TECH2 and car.
Not sure if ur msg was for me. But my cable is the keyspan usb adapter that was recomemned here.

Im about to try and install saab 148 in my globaltis. I noticed my global tis says
somthing i dnt rember - 2.00
** Saab 146.00

Is that supposed to say those 2 numbers or should i continue trying to find n install saab 148.00 as my tech 2 card is 148.00

·
Registered
125 Posts
You can not install 146.000 when your card have 148.000.
exactly, it common sense forthe most part. But i just noticed it. So now im scouring to find the appropriate download files for saab148.00 .. I just used the files from our thread here and the 146.00 is wahat came with it thats how i got it.

So i guess i should uninstall this global tis now and wait to find the appropriate 148.00 globaltis right? if so any links?

·
Registered
19 Posts
well I definitely know where you are coming from. been years with clone tech 2 and twice with key stting in garage. the good news is I got security access once and I think I know why after loading 3 different installs of xp and different software and correct drivers blah blah. dell 630 xp sp2 to sp3 to sp4 (unofficial) make sure you only have one version of java. make sure you have net framework for that era and c++ and direct x. now the big one and why I think I got access because the only thing I changed after messing com ports and baud rates (which I cannot remember at the moment). go into network connections and go to harware tab and install all ms stuff in there that is not installed (I think I installed some stuff twice) after that global tis worked.

unfortunately I had the spare ecu in the car and so now decided to put original ecu in and do again to be safe. hopefully it will give access again, I do remember I had to close and reload global tis a couple times and tis2000 never worked.

I will take a look at settings and take a picture cuz baud rate I think mattered.

please pass this around and I will try to as well as I could not find anything online about this that could have saved years of frustration

Glen

aka glenzworld-1999 SAAB 9-3 SE auto bilstein sport eibach pro powerflex black gs rear sway posi quiet ss lines B204L wiseco forged arp head studs in ex turbo port aero pump gs down cat bsr diy cai aem filter aem 3.5 bar ntk wb speedhut gauges.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts