SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I have completed installing my appexcone 55w HID lights and they all work great but unfortunately they strobe after I take the key of the car and the car is open. It is pretty annoying and is killing the life of the bulb. I ready many threads (greekfragma had success by doing this) and enabling xenon in the techII will stop this strobing. I called my dealership and scheduled to enable this for monday and of course they didnt have any clue about what i was talking about. I told them i installed a kit and that they are flashing and need tech II xeons enabled. And they started asking me what is wrong with the lights. I just dont want them to snoop arround and charge me to do something i dont need them to do.

I have searched for the tech II options to give them so they know what i am talking about but I see nothing about the Xenon enable option on the tech 2 options poosted on the forum. Does anyone know where they are? or can point me to somewhere that says where they are so that i can just give to my dealer and they can do the job fast and easy. I dont want them to take 5 hours finding something like this and charge me a crapload of money.

Thanks guys and as soon as this is all set up I will be writing a guide on how to install the lights. I took a few pictures and I will try to make some easy to follow diagrams.

thank you!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
You might want to take a look at the "Ultimate Aftermarket HID Thread", your hardly the first to do this, DIY's, Photo's etc...... http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113207
found a lot of answers on that thread. I had read it 3 times a least but i guess i was looking for other answers when i did. Well, I will print some of the stuff out and show my dealer on monday. I hope they get it right and i would like to keep my highbeams as well.

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
just tell them your saab use to have halogens. You installed a new HID kit yourself and all you need is for them to use there tech 2 tool to switch the preset from halogen to HID. Explain it to them slowly and do it in person. thats what i usually do if i really have to go to the dealer

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I just got my car from the dealer, well ex dealer that still services saabs. Carter saab in seattle. And I am happy to report that everything is working perfeclty. When I told them I needed the xenons enabled for some reason they knew what i was talking about so they said it would prob cost about 30 mins of work (50 bucks). They had my car ready in a couple of hours and when I turned it on the lights were still working, the high beams worked and when I shut them of there was no more strobing.

So I am happy to say that that everything is working at 100%. I am going to unplug the warning eliminators because I doubt they are needed anymore and they are huge and hard to to place...

So I now have a pretty sweet light setup.

THanks guys. I will be writing a guide very soon for everyone that wants to install HIDs. I think its a pretty amazing mod. Pretty cheap 115 bucks plus tech 2 and it definitely improves the car in terms of looks but of safety. The damn halogen setup is super week and when you install some decent bulbs they die in 3 to 4 months! HIDs improve visibility and will prob last 3 times as much (not to mention lifetime warranty)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts