SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm planning to install the aux phono line and xenon headlights in my 04 ss. I know I'll need to update the tech II system for the aux option and possible adjust the system to the xexon setting for the headlights....my question would be how much will this cost at the dealer??? I never take my car to the dealer since they are typically a rip off.

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
Call and ask first. The instructions for adding aux are available on-line. The xenons are probably here somewhere.

Dealers are hit-or-miss when it comes to some of these TechII customizations. What takes one tech 5 minutes takes another half an hour. Find out what the TechII charge is before they start. You don't want to be billed the hourly rate if they don't know how to do what you want.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just to clarify my first post....I am planning to do the actual installs myself...just using the dealer to upgrade the tech II info since we can't do this ourselves.

·
Registered
317 Posts
It all depends on the dealer. Some people get charged a half hour which I think is their minimum (IIRC) and some people are fortunate enough not get charged at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts