SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, I had some Tech II changes done on my 2005 Linear. I wanted:
1. driver's door unlocks when removing key from ignition (next best thing to having the driver's door open from the inside even if locked as found in Chrysler, Mercedes, Ford, and other cars).
2. all doors lock automatically after driving starts

These changes were done but came with other changes.
3a. If you lock the door with the driver's electric button on the front part of the door, if someone unlocks their door later, you can push the electric button and it will not lock.
3b. The electric button will only lock the door(s) if they were unlocked with the button.
3c. If you manually unlock the driver's door from the inside (for example, to retrieve a coin dropped at the toll booth), you must manually lock it again. You cannot push the electric button and lock the door(s).

The behavior described in 3a-c was not present before the Tech II change. If this would cause you to go mad, don't ask for the Tech II change!

·
Registered
122 Posts
I had my locks to change to lock on drive off and unlock on key removal and I havn't had the same problems that you have.

My electric lock button on the door works at all times. I can leave the car running, jump out to move the trash can and jump back in and lock it with the button etc. and I have let people out of the car before and locked it back up with the button. Strange that you are having these problems.

·
Registered
489 Posts
my 'vert came that way - auto lock as you drive off and unlock when you take the key out.

as 93-newbie mentioned, the lock button on the door also works as he describes.

you might have other issues.

Jaime

·
Banned
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another change that happened was now my radio shuts off when I take the key out of the ignition. This is a good thing. The rubbery knob is reported to wear out. Now I rarely have to touch it. I try not to touch the different rubbery knobs.

The radio can be turned on (reportedly for 30 minutes per the owner's manual) after the key is removed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts