SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of someone in the Indianapolis area? I am actually in Columbus, so would consider Louisville, KY too.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No one?

Seriously, is there no one anywhere around central/southern Indiana with a Tech II? Cincinnati? Dayton? Louisville?

·
Premium Member
11,181 Posts
I there anyone in an adjacent state (IL, OH, KY) that has a Tech II?
I've been asking that for a year now. I seriously don't think there is. It's like a Saab black hole. :)
Cheese and Rice guys. We HAVE a Tech 2 Location Thread that was specifically created to be a central clearinghouse/database for every SC member who has a Tech 2 and who is willing to use it for free or a nominal fee for the benefit of other members. It provides the member's SC name, location, link to profile page with contact information and the nominal fee charged for the service.

Illinois
Chicago, north suburbs FREE - (buy this man a beer!) Swedespeed7
Ohio
Columbus - beginning @ $50.00 - TomyTurbos - http://www.customsaab.com/tommyturbo/

·
Registered
174 Posts
Cheese and Rice guys. We HAVE a Tech 2 Location Thread that was specifically created to be a central clearinghouse/database for every SC member who has a Tech 2 and who is willing to use it for free or a nominal fee for the benefit of other members. It provides the member's SC name, location, link to profile page with contact information and the nominal fee charged for the service.
And crackers. Don't jump to conclusions so fast. :nono;

Since you're so great with the search function - you see where I called and emailed Tomys Turbos on October 13, 2014 as well as November 15, 2014; without any response to either my calls or voicemails.

October 13, 2015:
Thank you!

Emailing you now....
November 15, 2015:
I've called and emailed.

You still around?
Then, I did find a shop - and they were good.
Central Ohio:

http://blagois.com/

I just had some work done there. They're an indy shop - very good people there and did all I asked for a fair price.
However, I'd still like a member here to be close to play with a Tech II to explore some options.

·
Premium Member
11,181 Posts
Well, actually, I did not use search. If I had used search, I would have seen what you posted and I would not have said cheese and rice. Well, actually, I might have anyway, since my cheese and rice was aimed at the comment that there were no Tech 2s in Indiana, Ohio and Kentucky.

Tom Carmean, the original TomyTurbos, worked for quite a number of years at the Blagoi's in Upper Arlington. He was there before Blagoi Kostroevsky acquired it (it was called Capital Star Auto Service before Blagoi bought it). Unfortunately, Tomy passed several years ago. I know Gavin (the new or successor TomyTurbos) had phone issues over the past year and has replaced all his equipment, twice now, trying to get it all working.

I am glad you found Blagoi's. They are indeed very good. And I apologize for coming off as snippish. But I am. Snippish, I mean. I am old and crotchety. And because I am old, I enjoy a constitutional right to be snippish and crotchety. Article III, Sec. 19. But I apologize just the same.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Well, actually, I did not use search. If I had used search, I would have seen what you posted and I would not have said cheese and rice. Well, actually, I might have anyway, since my cheese and rice was aimed at the comment that there were no Tech 2s in Indiana, Ohio and Kentucky.

Tom Carmean, the original TomyTurbos, worked for quite a number of years at the Blagoi's in Upper Arlington. He was there before Blagoi Kostroevsky acquired it (it was called Capital Star Auto Service before Blagoi bought it). Unfortunately, Tomy passed several years ago. I know Gavin (the new or successor TomyTurbos) had phone issues over the past year and has replaced all his equipment, twice now, trying to get it all working.

I am glad you found Blagoi's. They are indeed very good. And I apologize for coming off as snippish. But I am. Snippish, I mean. I am old and crotchety. And because I am old, I enjoy a constitutional right to be snippish and crotchety. Article III, Sec. 19. But I apologize just the same.
No apology needed. ;ol;

Except I'm now hungry for Ritz-bits. For that, I place the blame squarely on you. :lol:

·
Registered
174 Posts
I am this ---><--- close to buying one.

Can anyone in central Ohio help me set it up on my computer and show me the virtual machine setup? I'm an engineer - but not enough patience for computers.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I am this ---><--- close to buying one.

Can anyone in central Ohio help me set it up on my computer and show me the virtual machine setup? I'm an engineer - but not enough patience for computers.
If all you are needing set up is a VM, I can help you do that remotely. I can guide you over the phone, skype, etc. I can even do it myself if you run something like TeamViewer to give me remote access. I work in IT for a living and I just spun up a VM on my desktop to run the WIS super fast. If you don't have the files then we have to transfer those to you.

I've not looked into the rest of what it takes to make it work but yet but I'm having a hell of a time trying to find someone that has one myself. I need a new key coded to the car and I'm sure there are quite a few oddball things that I want to do.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm in Cincy and can travel down if you're open... I need a TechII so I can try performing a trans re-learning and also would like to configure a couple of options (I added HIDs) as well.

Thanks!
Craig
SupafastR

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.