SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With prolonged airbag problems, I am getting really fed up with having to return to Saab on each occassion to get the airbag light re-set. Does anyone know how this can be re-set without a trip to Saab? Is it possible to get connectors that would fit the tech II connector under the dashboard and then connect to a laptop?

Before anyone says it, I know the airbag light coming on is serious. I also know that the issue is with poor quality connectors that separate over time. However, I have now got to a stage where I am fed up with Saab, fed up with the annoying prompt every time I start the engine and want to sort this myself.

:nono; ;oops:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is an 'obd2' connector?

Also, I understand that the most likely cause of the airbag warning light activation is due to connector plugs becoming disconnected under the driver / passenger seat. I also understand that if I am able to reconnect these properly the airbag light would re-set itself after 30 ignition restarts. Could someone confirm that this is the case? Also, the airbag light codes I have been given (by a friendly saab technician) are:

- B1610
- B2868

If someone could advise the location of the prblems associated with the codes, it would be really appreciated.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
i dont know if an obd2 scanner will clear srs lights, but it clears check engine lights, u can get one for like 79$

1 - 4 of 4 Posts