SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just back from the dealer, took it in to have them look at why my transmission was slipping in 2nd to 3rd, software update fixed it.

Anyway, aside from that I had them activate my AUX because I just got my cable kit and mp3 player, anyway, they said the AUX was already enabled and they didnt need to do it. My question is, even when the AUX cable isnt hooked up will the AUX option be visable? Or does the cable kit have to be installed for the AUX option to appear?

Im curious because even though they said they didnt need to activate it, I still cant see it in my options...

Can anyone tell me about this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
365 Posts
If it's already enabled, a second press of the "DISC" button should switch the SID from "CD" to "AUX", regardless of the cable. The head knows not whether the cable is present, if the end is not plugged into a source. The one DISC button should repeatedly toggle between CD and AUX and CD... etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,150 Posts
The AUX cable is independent of the settings/software in the EHU. You should be able to select AUX if it was enabled regardless of whether you have the AUX cable or not. All you will hear is probably a hiss/static.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
epsilon93 said:
The AUX cable is independent of the settings/software in the EHU. You should be able to select AUX if it was enabled regardless of whether you have the AUX cable or not. All you will hear is probably a hiss/static.
Yeah the dealer must have been confused, because when I was talking to him about enabling it, he seemed like he had no clue what I was talking about. They ordered me some new door handles (mine are faded) and a new seatbelt sensor for the passenger seat, so when I go in to have those installed I will just have them enable it for sure and bring them instructions from the FAQ section here.

Thanks for the responses.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
voodoochile said:
If it's already enabled, a second press of the "DISC" button should switch the SID from "CD" to "AUX", regardless of the cable. The head knows not whether the cable is present, if the end is not plugged into a source. The one DISC button should repeatedly toggle between CD and AUX and CD... etc.
I've tried doing this, and my SID won't change from CD to AUX. Is there anybody who knows how to enable the AUX port? My dealer has no clue on how to do it, and they are suggesting me to buy an itrip, which of course I already have...
They say they have the cable, but don't know how to enable the AUX. My cas is a '03 9-3 Vector SS
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
437 Posts
neworder2012 said:
I've tried doing this, and my SID won't change from CD to AUX. Is there anybody who knows how to enable the AUX port? My dealer has no clue on how to do it, and they are suggesting me to buy an itrip, which of course I already have...
They say they have the cable, but don't know how to enable the AUX. My cas is a '03 9-3 Vector SS
Yes,
Give the page on the atached link to your dealer.
I gave it to mine, and they were very appreciative.
They did not charge me to Enable.

http://www.wideopenwest.com/~mrandmrsg/etadyne/tech2.htm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
neworder2012 said:
platypus, thanks a lot for the link. I hope my dealer can now isntall my mp3 kit. I'll be a happier man then :D .
Neworder2012, very interesting name. Obviously you have your eyes open if you know about what your screen name seems to say.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Karnifex said:
Neworder2012, very interesting name. Obviously you have your eyes open if you know about what your screen name seems to say.
Most likely it will be off topic, but my screen name has a lot to say. A penny for your thoughts, perhaps we are on the same channel? BTW, nothing to do with Hitler...:nono;
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
neworder2012 said:
Most likely it will be off topic, but my screen name has a lot to say. A penny for your thoughts, perhaps we are on the same channel? BTW, nothing to do with Hitler...:nono;
We are, I know what your talking about. Your screen name says it all. I know this is way off topic and I already tried to send you a private message and it said you arent allowed to recieve messages. I am an admin of a site you might be interested in taking a look at. My name there is AX1S of EV1L you should join and take a look at it.

http://conspiranoia.greatboard.com/index.php
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
I took my '06 9-3 in today to have the Tech II changes for Aux input added. Dealer says that my basic Linear cannot be enabled unless I change the head unit to one with a screen, the cheapest option being £400. Is this really true? I just find it hard to believe! The cable was no problem to install and there was certainly somewhere to plug it in. Any help would be appreciated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Returned to the dealer today with the aux lead tech II instructions found else where in this forum and found the service staff really accommodating. They took the car straight into the garage and did it there and then, said they had learnt something today and then apologised profusely for not doing it yesterday.

I expected them to dismiss me with out any thought. Well done Colchester Saab!


Just out of interest, I also had to have my cruise control stalk activated. I had read that you just need to plug it in and off you go but my Linear did need the Tech II programming. Great now though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
I have a detailed PDF on how to install it, but I'm not sure it will work with your head unit. All cars sold here (Mexico) now have the port enabled, regardless of the version...
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top