SaabCentral Forums banner

Tech 2 Read Issues -ACM/AHL/CIM

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  longsack 
#1 · (Edited)
Just got the car, 03 9-3 Vector. Got my tech 2 two days ago and I see a number of issues. Most I think are tech 2 related and one oil leak question.

1. Here are the issues I see on my SID.
-- Traction Control - contact SAAB (my fix action so far -- none tried).
-- Air bag - contact SAAB (my fix action so far -- none tried).
-- Key battery low - contact SAAB (my fix action so far -- replaced battery, still get the notice in SID?)
-- Headlamp leveling failed - contact SAAB (my fix action so far none tried).

2. Tech 2 DTC's
-- ACM B1000 C5 [Unknown DTC] -- ?<UNKNOWN DTC>
-- AHL B3435 05 LH Stepper Motor ...... -- I understand the headlamp level issue. Drivers side lamp has no leveling (aftermarket lamp assembly) passengers side does have it.. can I just remove the passenger side level below the assembly and it will go away?
-- CIM B3110 00 Remote Control 2, Low ...... -- ?

My question is can I fix any of the above with the Tech 2 alone? If I can't fix with the Tech 2 alone, what is the next course of action to investigate and fix the issues?

-- Key / FOB... I got two new ones, ordered from remotesremotes.com, I followed the Tech2 to program the new keys, both new keys fail, Tech 2 lets me know frequency was correct, they just fail. What is the issue, do I need to do the process differently than the way the Tech2 is saying to do it? New keys suck perhaps? Do I have to many keys added, if yes, how do I remove them because I only have ONE working key to the car.

-- My DTC's from best I can tell do not say anything about traction control failure that the SID is telling me is an issue, why not?

-- I had a secondary air pump code on the car as well (wrong air flow or something like that), I replaced the secondary air pump about 10 days ago, however the code and check engine light are back, indicating it still may be an issue of some nature, any ideas / fixes?

------------

Oil leak issue... oil is dripping from passenger side, just off the side of the oil pan. If you get under your car, on your back the right side of your body on the passenger's side the leak will be midway down the side of the oil pan. I have not investigated much further, but did order a new oil pan gasket. However when I looked at the oil pan (not to close - had other issues to worry about) it didn't seem to be the cause of the leak. I will report back on this one, but I would wonder if anyone has a good starting point to look if it's NOT the oil pan gasket?

Please let me know if you have any further questions or need more information?

Thanks, I look forward to working this problem together.

On a side note for the Tech 2, I will add it to the location thread, but I'm in the St. Louis area if anyone is in need.

Thanks again.

See less See more
#2 ·
I won't be able to answer all of this but here are a couple of ideas.

1) Disconnect negative cable from the battery for five minutes then reconnect

2) Clear DTCs with the Tech 2

3) Run car and see what you get for DTCs and SID messages

4) Download WIS for more detail for those DTCs http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=649097

5) remotesremotes.com is most likely the problem...you should buy genuine Saab for those

6) Check your valve cover gasket

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.