SaabCentral Forums banner

Tech 2 question (Saab 9-7x specific)

318 Views 6 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Wags
I am considering purchasing a 2009 9-7x. I would like to know if a tech2 is required to read trouble codes and program things like lock logic, keys, etc.

The seller obviously says there is no problem getting codes read or work done, but my research is conflicting - some say dealers no longer will touch a Saab because they don't have the readers. Others say it's just a Chevy and anyone will work on them.

I do have a tech 2, but do not have the GM card and can only read 9-3 and 9-5.

I like the 9-7x and it seems like a fair deal, but I won't buy it unless I am certain I can get it repaired easily if I'm on the road somewhere.

Thanks for your input and comments
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
When I had a radio programed, the guy with the Tech II said that he had to program from the GM side, not Saab.
BUT--
I have not had any issues with GM dealers doing any work on my 9-7, both with reading codes and making repairs.
I have had to point out it was like working on any other GMT360/370 at a reluctant dealer or 2.
The only thing they are really don't want(or can't?) do is programming modules.
For key programming, you can self program those if you have one key already, no Tech II needed, same with remotes.
There are how-to's online for those.

· Registered
36 Posts
Sorry for the thread necro, but wanted to post this for anyone searching for Tech2 and the 9-7x.

I finally hooked up my Tech2 to my 9-7, and it is fully accessable with the GM 33.004 NAO card.
The Saab 148.00 card does not work with the 9-7.

· Super Moderator
2,601 Posts
Great info for 9-7x owners @Wags! 👍

· Registered
31 Posts
I'm also trying to find out some info here and would appreciate your experience with the Tis2000 or GlobalTIS and the 9-7x. I have the Tech2 with the GM 33.004 and confirm that this works to communicate with the 9-7x for codes and the T2 View, however, when trying to do Service Programming (SPS), only the 9-3 or 9-5 are available options for vehicles.

Is there a Tis2000 or GlobalTIS update that allows it to work with the 9-7?

· Registered
36 Posts
I have not needed anything requiring Tis2000 or GlobalTis on my 9-7, so I do not know. I also don't want to mess up my Tis2K, as I also have a 9-3.

GMT Nation is be the best place to look. Remember, even if it says TrailBlazer, it will still have relevance for the 9-7, as they share a platform.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts