SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Messages come up from time to time regarding things that can be reprogrammed for our 93's... Does anybody have a comprehensive list? Have options changed during the 2003-05 run? This tech2 thing, is that a standardized interface? Does anybody have details on the comfort open/close, whether it is available on all models and how it works? Thanks!

- daytime driving lights on/off
- beeping when car is locked/unlocked

·
Registered
37 Posts
Try this..

Try this:
http://www.mrandmrs-g.net/saabtech2.htm

I got the link in another forum about issues and complaints.
Good luck:)

VectorDC03 said:
Hello,

Messages come up from time to time regarding things that can be reprogrammed for our 93's... Does anybody have a comprehensive list? Have options changed during the 2003-05 run? This tech2 thing, is that a standardized interface? Does anybody have details on the comfort open/close, whether it is available on all models and how it works? Thanks!

- daytime driving lights on/off
- beeping when car is locked/unlocked

·
Registered
366 Posts
that link is great, I'm taking notes and going to share them with my tech when I go to the dealer for the passenger seat sensor warning and some other things.
Thanks!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Does anyone know the Tech II comands to program Comfort Close? I think I can get my dealer to do it, but I am not sure they know how. And does anyone know if I can get comfort close for my convertible top?

·
Registered
489 Posts
also was wondering the samething as it would be equally cool if you close everything the same way you can open everything.

Jaime

·
Registered
37 Posts
I went by my dealer yesterday to get my new plates. I showed the list and it seems to apply to the 2005's. I'm going back this weekend to make some changes. I'll let you know what I find out.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
GriffinAero said:
I went by my dealer yesterday to get my new plates. I showed the list and it seems to apply to the 2005's. I'm going back this weekend to make some changes. I'll let you know what I find out.
See if you can get a photocopy of this list ;)

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Like what? What doesn't it work on (it's my site)? I'll see if I can make it better. I am also in the process of switching ISPs, so that may have something to do with it too. :roll:

Also, the question was asked if there are changes to the options for 2005. The answer is a little hazy, but I think it is "Yes".

See this for details...
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54032

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Viscouse said:
Like what? What doesn't it work on (it's my site)? I'll see if I can make it better. I am also in the process of switching ISPs, so that may have something to do with it too. :roll:

Also, the question was asked if there are changes to the options for 2005. The answer is a little hazy, but I think it is "Yes".

See this for details...
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54032
I tried to get the dealer to enable comfort close today and they spent a couple of hours on it and couldn't figure out how to do it. Has this been done successfully on a US spec vert???

·
Banned
2,175 Posts
It appears that one of the options is that the doors lock if left unlocked too long. (near bottom of Viscouse's nice webpage). Am I understanding this correctly?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have had autolock enabled on mine today. If its is unlocked but no doors are opened in 3 mins it self arms and locks the doors again.

·
Registered
679 Posts
BRob2 said:
I tried to get the dealer to enable comfort close today and they spent a couple of hours on it and couldn't figure out how to do it. Has this been done successfully on a US spec vert???
Yes! My dealer did it lickity split, but then again they seem to know the car quite well, unlike some other dealers which scratch their heads the moment you say Tech II.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Anyone know if the turn signal volume is adjustable? I'm told by several other 9-3 owners that mine is the loudest turn signal they've ever heard. After sitting in two other (later build '03 and '05) 9-3 SS's, I'd have to agree.

Update: Nevermind, did a search and found that no one else has been able to adjust it. Disable it, yes. Oh well.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
JAR said:
Yes! My dealer did it lickity split, but then again they seem to know the car quite well, unlike some other dealers which scratch their heads the moment you say Tech II.
when you lower and raise your windows, are there two positions on the button when you lift or push down on it? There aren't on mine, there are on the dealer's demo vert, and they say that might be why they can't do it on mine?????:confused:

·
Registered
106 Posts
JAR said:
So can you get your dealer to give you the Tech II steps? Does this mean you can now stand outside the Vert, and close the roof and windows with the Key flob?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts