SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had my car towed 50 miles to dealer.

Put a Tech 2 on it and he says it won't communicate with the TWICE unit.

I recently exchanged the TWICE module along with new key cylinder and antenna. Nothing happened whan I tried to turn it over. Figured dealer needed t program. Dealer was able to clear code but Tech 2 could not find the TWICE unit.

Bad TWICE module or is tech doing something wrong?

Info display shows "check ok" when ignition is turned on.

Thanks for any tips, hints or suggestions.

Also, I'm probably going to be needing another TWICE unit, antenna & key if anyone has one in good condition.

Thank you.

Ron

·
Registered
867 Posts
Did the tech give a reason it was not communicating? (It is his job)
OBDII goes thru DICE.
Is the connector for the TWICE fully connected? (its a little hard to do under the seat.)
maybe one of these threads can help. but really your tech should know.
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233328
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233071
I just sold a full TWICE (Key, TWICE, receiver, ignition barrel and door barrel) for $100.
Not sure if I have another.
And welcome to the site.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TWICE not found by TECH 2

Thank you for the reply. The TWICE unit appeared to go in correctly.

I'll have to pull the seats to check it again. As far as I could tell there's only one way for it to go in and it only goes in so far.

Let me know if you have another TWICE setup. It's worth $ 100.00 to me to use it to see if mine is a bad twice module.

Thank you.

Ron
Massauto1 at comcast.net

·
Registered
867 Posts
When I did one of mine I plugged it in and it worked for about a week then it stopped working.
The clamp on the wire harness has to be fully seated.
I found even though my was connected the clamp was not fully clamped.
I will check on a TWICE later today.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TWICE not found

Installed another TWICE unit and it was able to be seen by the Tech 2.

Technician still had to clear immobizer code with the Tech 2 as car would crank but not start.

Front door locks appear to be blown. The door lock button on the key fob locks both rear doors but nothing doing on the front, so for now I'll be locking the car manually.

Thanks for all of the help. No need for an extra TWICE at this time. Thanks again.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Have you checked the DICE, the communication goes thru the DICE

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fixed it. TWICE not found by Tech 2.

Hello and Thank You for the response.

I obtained another twice unit and ignition with key (actually pulled from a 9-5)
Installed it and it was recognized by the Tech 2. The technician cleared the immobilizer code and I'm back on the road.

Thanks for all of the support.

·
Registered
64 Posts
did you get your front door locking fixed?I'm going to replace my TWICE unit tomorrow and have identical problems.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Door lock and TWICE unit

Hello.

I never fixed the driver door lock. I'm doing all manual locking now.

I use two keys - the original for the door and the trunk and the newer key that came with the replacement lock cylinder.

I had to remove the fuse that controls remote locking as when the fuse was in, the rear trunk lock would automaticaaly open when I put the car in gear and started to move. Once i took the fuse out it stopped happening.

Good luck. Make sure your female side of the connection is open wide enough so your twice unit fits in snugly before you try to lock it down.

Ron

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks for the info,i will be programming my car tomorrow will keep you updated.Still hope that new twice will make all the locks work like before.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts