SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm setting up an appt with a local saab service shop to activate my Aux-in connection. While there, I'm wondering if the following settings can be made?

1) Make the AC stay on when Top comes down (default to on and not off)

2) Allow remote top up (I can do remote top down only)

3) Enable 1 touch memory seat (currently have to hold the button until the seat completes its movements. All other cars I've had are simply one touch (actually initiated by the remote).

4) Enable 1 touch top up and top down. I currently have to hold the button until the top has finished its movement.

5) Allow top up function when vehicle is off or in accessory mode (currently car has to be running)

6) Increase allowable speed for top up/down to 30mph (Current limit is 20mph)

7) Random shuffle on CD rotates through the current disk only (Currently rotates through ALL discs and changes slowly between songs)

·
Registered
208 Posts
One of my two remotes lost its programming some time ago. I'm still kicking myself for not getting this done via tech II when I went in recently to get my aux-in enabled.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I've been meaning to enable automatic door locks, but the dealer wants $94. Give me a break.
Are all tech2 changes priced alacarte or do they just charge you by the labor hour? It would seem the latter since there are no parts involved. You should be able to get all your Tech2 settings done within an hour I'd say, right?

By "automatic door locks" I assume you mean the door auto locks at a certain speed, right?

One thing I forgot to mention is horn beep confirmation on lock. Is that possible with or without Tech2?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tech 2 is usually done by the hour. Beware, some dealers have "Problems" modifying or knowing how to use the software properly.
Yep, just got back from the shop. Aux-in enabled for $45

It should have taken 5 minutes, but took 30 while the tech tried to "figure it out". At first they called me to cancel the appt because they said "it can't be done on your car". Next, when I get there had to convince the tech that it can be done even if the Aux cable is not connected to the unit.

Finally he got the car on the Tech2 and figured out he had to get a security code for the job. 15 minutes later and I drove away with Aux-in.

Relentless Persistence :)

·
Registered
830 Posts
Good luck getting them to disable DRL's. They will say it can't be done, and then people on the forum will dispute this fact, yet no one can provide the actual procure of menus to go through as the Tech II software has changed.

I would do comfort close if your can supports it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Aux - Activation

Yep, just got back from the shop. Aux-in enabled for $45

It should have taken 5 minutes, but took 30 while the tech tried to "figure it out". At first they called me to cancel the appt because they said "it can't be done on your car". Next, when I get there had to convince the tech that it can be done even if the Aux cable is not connected to the unit.

Finally he got the car on the Tech2 and figured out he had to get a security code for the job. 15 minutes later and I drove away with Aux-in.

Relentless Persistence :)
I took my car for Aux - Activation, The tech took about an hour to figure out just to let me know that they need security code and have to download software on their Tech II scanner.
Do you know what your technician did to make it work?

Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts