SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The seat belt mechanism for both front seats in my red Saab are not retracting. Since there is a 92 Convertible in the local yard, I grabbed the two working assemblies and put in the car... just to find out while in the 88 the receivers are bolted to the car, behind the parking break lever, in the 94 they are bolted to the seats. And, it seems the latch from the 94 does not fit the 88 receiver.

So, how can I tear apart the receivers so I can put the 94 parts in the 88 base?

·
Banned
35 Posts
yurp, 88 an 94 your talking apples and oranges. Different seats, Different selt belts and such.

I wouldn't bother breaking down the recievers. Just source the correct ones if it were me and chalk it up...

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
it usually due to dust hair etc, and just being dry.
remove the belt main unit and give it a clean and a spray with wd40 on the ends of the sshaft area and you will probably find work fine, when back in place
when you remove it make sure you pull belt out as far as you can get it to come, put a pair of grips etc on the belt where it goes into the main unit to stop it retracting, then remove, by doing this when you put it back in the car you have'nt got to try and get the belt out of the mechansim as I gaurantee it will work perfet when you undo it, known as sods law etc..how do I know ggrrrrr haha then give it a few pull outs and let it go and should be fine, but don't put trim back on yill you find it's ok;ol;

1 - 5 of 5 Posts