SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
5,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There almost nothing in it money wise so that is not a consideration in choosing one or the other, so what is the main factor.

Which one is smallest basically?

There almost nothing on the web about these Mitsubishi turbo's apart from their big, the seller told me he sold the Mitsubishi Banks Sidewinder which is a TE06 to a Volvo T5 owner and he makes boost at 3700rpm but I think the Volvo's a 2.3 or 2.5 litre engine, the TE06 is made for a 6.9 to 7.3 litre engine so its not matched up well for a 2.0 litre engine.

I think in a 2.0 litre Saab boost would start at 4000rpm and would feel like getting slugged in the back of the head with a baseball bat right up to the red line:lol:

This also means I get no boost in 5th gear until I'm doing 110mph but my quest is for top end speed that is why these two are getting a look in.

I have not put a deposit on one yet but its got to be done this week as I have credit with this guy.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I've heard that the TD05H-16g is good for around 300whp. Don't know about the TD06 though. What kind of power are you looking for? Also what size comp wheel is on the TD06?

·
Registered
193 Posts
After some research it seems that the TD06-6 has a 20g comp wheel and a 12cm2 exhaust housing. I have a feeling that the 12cm2 housing is gonna create a lot of lag.

·
Banned
5,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't mind lag, its not for red light driving and my off boost power is very respectable in the city centre, I just want to be able to red line the engine in 5th gear at 6700 rpms, I just can't create enough boost to do that.

·
Registered
310 Posts
i know not what the sizing is on either of those two turbos but... i am using a T3/T4 hybrid, water and oil cooled, stage 3 turbine, .63 housing and a 'new style' 50 trim compressor wheel.

i get about 5 psi of boost around 3400 rpm and full 18psi at 4000 rpm, holding solid to redline. i now use fourth gear to overtake on the freeway, because the turbo really won't spool up until around 90-95 in fifth.

i hold solid boost through 130 mph though, with no sign of it letting up. (i need to find a longer straightaway)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hey Sha, found out that the TE06H uses the 12cm2 exhaust housing also but I cant find what size comp wheel the TE06H uses. Have you looked at the compressor maps for the two?

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
xassh said:
i get about 5 psi of boost around 3400 rpm and full 18psi at 4000 rpm, holding solid to redline. i now use fourth gear to overtake on the freeway, because the turbo really won't spool up until around 90-95 in fifth.
Wow! And I thought my turbo spooled slow. What's your redline? What's your fuel setup like? How about exhaust, dp, etc? Sorry if you've already posted this somewhere else. (sounds like someone needs a project thread.)

Sha, get the banks. Great turbos.

·
Banned
5,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dlb said:
Have you looked at the compressor maps for the two?
TE06 makes 650CFM, I don't need that much flow to max the engine and probably couldn't make it boost to 22Psi to do that anyway, it has a 14CM2 TURBINE HOUSING!

I like the Banks Sidewinder because its Miz unit so it won't give me too much trouble in the instal but its the bigger of the two and I wanted the smallest of the two, the seller changed his mind and wants $600 for the TD06 because he has a customer who wants it for a WRX, it was $450 before:x

The TE06 is $500 which is £250 in my money

The TD06 was £225 in my money and is now £300

·
Registered
193 Posts
Sorry, the site that I was reading must have been wrong about the TE06H using the 12cm2. I was gonna cast my vote for the TD06-6, but seeing how the seller has increased the price it would seem the TE06H is the better deal. Let us know which one you get if you decide to go through with it.;)

One more thing I'm pretty sure the 12cm2 exhaust housing uses the square T3 4 bolt inlet but, does 14cm2 housing use it too?

·
Banned
5,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh man, I just saw the flow charts and these are too big, I won't be able to get the best from them, only 35-40% of its efficiency when it should be in an idle world around 70% efficiency, boost would be positive at 4500 rpms, that is just too late for a city car.

The Garrett TB25/28 by Maptun

http://www.maptun.com/webshop/shop_info.php?id=340&rubrik=&kategori=

How much in UK money is 6 980.00 SEK?

They don't mention the size of the compressor just that they have clipped the wheel.

I was told if I was going to get a Garrett it must be a GT one becauses the T are ancient?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Yeah, the T series are pretty old but there not bad. My suggestion is a T3 60trim with .63 A/R exhaust housing. It spools up a little later than the stock 45trim with .48 A/R but they flow more and make more top end horsepower. I have also heard that they spread the torque out over the rpm range better than the .48 but i'm not sure if thats true or not.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts