SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading around on doing a td04 swap to my 9-5 linear wagon, and it looks straightforward. Other TD04 turbos don't work on stock saab fittings and such. However, does the TD04 from the 9-3 fit? Thanks

·
Registered
867 Posts
I've been reading around on doing a td04 swap to my 9-5 linear wagon, and it looks straightforward. Other TD04 turbos don't work on stock saab fittings and such. However, does the TD04 from the 9-3 fit? Thanks
I think the manifolds are different. so no.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
same turbo, 9-3 or 9-5 (og 9-3, the SS/SC is totally different). Same manifold too. Only thing needed to put the td04 in place of your gt17 is the 2 coolant lines. Td04 uses 12mm banjo bolts, lines on your car will have 14mm banjo fittings. I've seen large 1/2" copper drain plug washers used with that combo and seal fine (not my first choice)

·
Registered
867 Posts
same turbo, 9-3 or 9-5 (og 9-3, the SS/SC is totally different). Same manifold too. Only thing needed to put the td04 in place of your gt17 is the 2 coolant lines. Td04 uses 12mm banjo bolts, lines on your car will have 14mm banjo fittings.
thanks for the correction.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts