SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi!

I managed to purchase a brand new TD04HL-15T-5cm2 for a redicilous price. It's already laying on the table awaiting to be fitted.
I already have MapTun Stg 2 ECU, VIC, BOV, high flow delivery pipe and a 3" full exhaust on its way together with Stg 3 ECU.
Dyno measured values are 237HP and 362Nm.
So, I searched posts on the forum and know exactly what is involved in swapping the turbos. Thing that stroke me is that many of you wrote that swapping to 5cm2 from T25 is not really worth it. Is it really so? Are the gains really so minimum? After reading those threads I got confused and am beginning to think if it's not better to sell the turbo and spend money on something else. :roll:

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
That's a very tough question to answer. Bearing in mnd that I too am in the middle of rounding up all the parts to do the td04 upgrade, I think its definatly worthwile. For one the td04 will give you some very nice power. And secondly, it is "relatively" easy to install. The other option I considered was a t28 hybrid off my factory t25. I have heard different opinions, but the general concensus was that would be only slightly better than the td04. And it would be a lot more work and cost more.

So is the td04 the best? No. Is it worthwhile? Yes. Is it the best bang-for-your-buck turbo ugrade IMO? Yes. :cheesy:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts