SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have 2. both from the 9000

I'll be picking the one off of kijiji tomorrow though :lol:

do you know the exact measurement that needs to be machined off of?

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
First off, do you have a 19t already, if not bring/send both halves to the shop that rebuilds turbo's and have them bore the 15 to a 19. Some clip the exhaust side, some don't, it's up to you. You can also port the wastegate, but only a little which will help with boost creap. You will then need new injectors, etc..

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was hoping to purchase a 19t housing and wheel; link in my first post

---------------

are you saying i can bore out my 15 to 19 instead of purchasing the 19t housing and only purchase a 19t wheel?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Yes, that housing and wheel should fit. I would have a turbo shop balance the assembly just to make sure it doesn't die on you prematurely. Or you can buy the 19T compressor wheel and have the shop machine your existing housing and balance the assembly at the same time. Should work either way.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, that housing and wheel should fit. I would have a turbo shop balance the assembly just to make sure it doesn't die on you prematurely. Or you can buy the 19T compressor wheel and have the shop machine your existing housing and balance the assembly at the same time. Should work either way.
sounds good!

another question: are most compressor wheels made out of aluminum?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Contact Matt at MP Performance if you need help finding a turbo rebuilder.

Or look up TAPP.

Not to detract from JZW or anyone else, but for Canadians, shipping and importing stuff from the US can sometimes be costly.
TAPP as in Chris Tapp?

I personally use Blaast Performance for turbos/rebuilds, he's located in Montreal

1 - 12 of 12 Posts