SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone swapped a TD-04 without putting in Aero software? If so, what were the effects, how did T7 handle it?

My buddy's GT17 is on the way out, and I'm gonna try and convince him to ditch that POS for the more robust TD-04 :D

Also, besides the ECU, if he were going to "do it right" what else would be needed? Injectors? FPR?

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
The TD04 will run just fine on the LPT software (mine did for months before swapping to the Aero ecu), it just won't take full advantage of the TD04. As for the other stuff, what year is his car?

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - it's an '03. He wasn't familiar with the sludge issue, but I advised him that even though his car isn't in the recall years, to make sure he gets the PCV updates. I've heard that there's a way to use crush washers to make the banjo fitting for the coolant line work on the turbo end without having to switch to the aero-specific line, so this swap is looking to be pretty easy!

It's a shame, he just got the car and at 60k it's having a bunch of problems. The turbo's only smoking on startup, though, and I've heard of GT17s lasting a while in that state, so who knows. He also needs a pair of struts and new a-arm bushings.

I see eeuro lists different fuel pressure regulators for aeros and lpt's, but thesaabsite only lists one - and it's different from the ones on eeuro, just looks like an old-style bosch one - guess it doesn't matter which one we use then! :lol: Looks like the injectors are the same for both.

lol - td-04's are more expensive from TSS than GT17's!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts