SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I neeeeed a td04 turbo! and I heard if u swap a gt17 to td04 you need the oil lines or coolant lines too, correct me if I'm wrong, thanks.

·
Registered
240 Posts
U can tweak the exsiting hard lines, but u need 2 smaller banjo bolts m12x 1.5 thread for the coolant lines along with 4 12mm crush washers(eeuroparts sells them). Just got done with the swap myself, td04- 19t though.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Have a TD04 VERY slightly used hot side. No shaft play. Have oil and water lines too. will include steel gaskets as well. PM me or email me for faster response. [email protected]
not trying to hate here man - but i saw your post selling this turbo, it will not fit a saab, very different housings, both turbine and compressor side. the center housing could be the same but that is about it. looks like a clean turbo but it would be better sold for the application it came from.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Eveey one I have asked has told me saab. The bolt pattern is unique to saab. I dont know what it cmle from. I would be thrilled if someone could tell me. The housing say td04 15T 7.Volvo os another possibility but trust me I would gladly find a owner of the type of application and ask them. Its a v-BAND turbo so howside is changed in a matter of minutes. If you know application please enlighten me. I dont know who else uses td04hl-15t-7...

·
Registered
276 Posts
I've done the swap before, it's a lot easier just to get all the td04 lines and all the banjo bolts too and just buy new washers from saab. Just make sure you get the lines at least they are $100-150 new a peace, the bolts and washer arnt too bad though but get them included if you can. The swap it self is pretty easy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts