SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Not a bad idea.might be easier to put the motor in the new car.i just recently bought a 2003 93 se and it wouldn't turn over most of the time power issues all over the place like the convertible top .when I hooked up the tech I got u line no communication with and/tc no communication with tcm.long story short the abs mod had a short to ground inside the mod.i changed it and immediately was able to communicate with the tranny again.the abs/tc module can do some strange stuff.sounds like you have a lot going on but if you cannot talk to the abs mod I would try and switch it .i have access to a few abs/tc mods right now at my local junk yards if you need one .id just need the last 4 numbers on the bottom of the module to let me know which one you have .there about 20 bucks .not bad .if you have the same as I do I can check it in my car make sure you get a good one .good luck.hope it comes together for u.RonR

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Not a bad idea.might be easier to put the motor in the new car.i just recently bought a 2003 93 se and it wouldn't turn over most of the time power issues all over the place like the convertible top .when I hooked up the tech I got u line no communication with and/tc no communication with tcm.long story short the abs mod had a short to ground inside the mod.i changed it and immediately was able to communicate with the tranny again.the abs/tc module can do some strange stuff.sounds like you have a lot going on but if you cannot talk to the abs mod I would try and switch it .i have access to a few abs/tc mods right now at my local junk yards if you need one .id just need the last 4 numbers on the bottom of the module to let me know which one you have .there about 20 bucks .not bad .if you have the same as I do I can check it in my car make sure you get a good one .good luck.hope it comes together for u.RonR
That would be amazing.
I DO feel that if the ABS module is repaired that it may make a difference, I am just hesitant to pay to have it rebuilt and then still be stuck.

I will check out the numbers today.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'll tell you what every time I've had something rebuilt it last for less than a year I've had a lot better luck with finding an original in the junkyard that still in good shape and have it last for 10 years. I'm not so sure why that is I'm guessing it's shotti soldering. And what they're fixing doesn't hold up or possibly something else breaks but considering it happened so much I go with shotti . And I know buying one of these modules can be very expensive so that's why I made the offer get me those numbers and I should be able to grab you one at least with that module in there you'll find out really quickly if that's a big part of your problem which it sounds like it might be.

·
Registered
409 Posts
After seeing the video I would triple-check all the ground connections, with the work done on the engine they could easily have been affected. This sounds suspiciously like a bad ground, and there are a bunch of grounds on these cars. Maybe I'm way off base and it's more complex but reading the thread, seeing the video, I'd be looking for something simple but important.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I'll tell you what every time I've had something rebuilt it last for less than a year I've had a lot better luck with finding an original in the junkyard that still in good shape and have it last for 10 years. I'm not so sure why that is I'm guessing it's shotti soldering. And what they're fixing doesn't hold up or possibly something else breaks but considering it happened so much I go with shotti . And I know buying one of these modules can be very expensive so that's why I made the offer get me those numbers and I should be able to grab you one at least with that module in there you'll find out really quickly if that's a big part of your problem which it sounds like it might be.
Of course, mine seems to look way different than what I've seen.

Lmk what you find out, thanks!

After seeing the video I would triple-check all the ground connections, with the work done on the engine they could easily have been affected. This sounds suspiciously like a bad ground, and there are a bunch of grounds on these cars. Maybe I'm way off base and it's more complex but reading the thread, seeing the video, I'd be looking for something simple but important.
Yeah the only thing is, the whole MIU flashing is a completely new issue and I still haven't sorted the main issues I started with, 3 years ago...lol :( :/

Attachments

·
Registered
225 Posts
Ok I'll head down to the junk yard tomorrow see what I can find pretty sure that's not going to be the same as mine but also pretty sure I can get one he'll give me a warranty on it so if it's bad I can swap it out for another for free so just cost us the shipping back and forth hopefully it's not a big piece it won't cost much and hopefully we'll get it right the first time

·
Registered
225 Posts
If you get a chance give me a shot of the whole unit .im guessing yours has the large black plug right on the top of the unit also a shot of the coils inside .im wondering what colors the coils are .the and number will be the end all but the pics will help me pull the right one of the bat cause I can't see the numbers till I pull it.you have traction control in your car .some are abs only which is a different unit as well.its never simple but if you pay attention and get the right info it comes easier.thanks . your car is a 2005 95 2.3 turbo.or am I off base.thanks for the info they have a lot of Saabs right now so I'm thinking I'll be able to get it.just a few weeks ago there was only one saab 2004 93 in the whole yard.no og 93s.theres about 12 all together now 95s included mostly 2004 to 7 95 and 93s.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I wanted to mention one more thing I believe Javanbra taught me this .most of the older trannys took dextron 3.a lot of people including myself thought it would be ok maybe even better to use dextron 6 as it's synthetic and says it's compatible with 3.i saw you were using the mobil and if I understand correctly that's the original made from mineral oil like dextron3.i had no leaks but after draining and refilling 2 times I noticed the seals leaking .the bell housing seal leaking bad .i couldn't figure out why although I knew the fluid did it.Javanbra made the point that not only is synthetic thinner but will act as a cleaner and take a lot of the glue that's holding the tranny together and break it up.by glue I mean thick residue from years of operations which in trannys can be beneficial .i went back to og dex and it stopped leaking in worse cases the tranny will start to slip and there's no bring in it back.I was greatful for that info .its an easy mistake to make and a difficult one to correct.there are some amazing guys on here that know these cars inside and out .I for one love information like that because sometimes the why is the hardest answer to get and the one you want the most.just thought id mention it since I know you mentioned a tranny flush.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I wanted to mention one more thing I believe Javanbra taught me this .most of the older trannys took dextron 3.a lot of people including myself thought it would be ok maybe even better to use dextron 6 as it's synthetic and says it's compatible with 3.i saw you were using the mobil and if I understand correctly that's the original made from mineral oil like dextron3.i had no leaks but after draining and refilling 2 times I noticed the seals leaking .the bell housing seal leaking bad .i couldn't figure out why although I knew the fluid did it.Javanbra made the point that not only is synthetic thinner but will act as a cleaner and take a lot of the glue that's holding the tranny together and break it up.by glue I mean thick residue from years of operations which in trannys can be beneficial .i went back to og dex and it stopped leaking in worse cases the tranny will start to slip and there's no bring in it back.I was greatful for that info .its an easy mistake to make and a difficult one to correct.there are some amazing guys on here that know these cars inside and out .I for one love information like that because sometimes the why is the hardest answer to get and the one you want the most.just thought id mention it since I know you mentioned a tranny flush.
Sorry for the delay, I'm not getting alerts for some reason.
I'll look back at this when I'm back to my computer.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Wow how strange. I went down the junkyard today to see what they had they had a 2004 9-5 but the ABS module looks nothing like that. I haven't even seen a module in my lifetime that looks like that. I've got to find out what years that module covers 2005 to what because the newer stuff they keep behind the counters maybe they have one there. But just so you know I went through everything that was down there today all the cars and I'm positive I did not see one that look like that most of them plugged in from the top and we're facing the top of the shock Tower which makes them fun to get out. But I know I did not see that one I'm sorry bud

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Wow how strange. I went down the junkyard today to see what they had they had a 2004 9-5 but the ABS module looks nothing like that. I haven't even seen a module in my lifetime that looks like that. I've got to find out what years that module covers 2005 to what because the newer stuff they keep behind the counters maybe they have one there. But just so you know I went through everything that was down there today all the cars and I'm positive I did not see one that look like that most of them plugged in from the top and we're facing the top of the shock Tower which makes them fun to get out. But I know I did not see that one I'm sorry bud
Thanks for looking. I know, it's weird..... :(

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'm not going to give up I'm going to be down there again tomorrow I'll take another look there's always new cars coming in if I see one I'll let you know right away. But I think you had it right when you said of course I have the one that is different than everybody else's because boy is that one different. I actually started questioning if it was an ABS module but I know you know your stuff I know it is and I can see in the picture that it is but that's how different it is with a little luck one will come in. I'm on my way to National Auto Recycling right now in Massachusetts to pick up a transmission and I'm going to ask them if they have one while I'm here if they do I'll let you know

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have no doubt that 2005 95s have that module .unfortunately I haven't seen any at the junk yard .they didn't have any at nationwide auto recycling Lancaster mass.have u tried ebay .if I see one anywhere for sale I'll put a link here.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts