SaabCentral Forums banner

TCM - No communicaion

2K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  LBC28704 
#1 ·
I've had quite an ongoing ordeal with this particular vehicle, and I am determining whether or not I want to continue to put any more time and effort into it.

The most recent ordeal was, here: https://www.saabcentral.com/threads/dead-battery-and-now-no-crank-start.726562/page-2#post-6422144

The most resilient issue I am seeing now, after searching, is something I was dealing with, almost three YEARS ago, and I've towed it more, moving, that I have been able to drive it.

I replaced the TCM with a used one, still no communication. I understand the ABS/ESP errors are very likely due to a bad ABS module, but, I am not going to bother trying to replace that if I have an unidentifiable short in the harness.

I haven't found anything but I am hoping that someone else has dealt with this communication issue and maybe there is a common place to look for a short.
If it is indeed some aberrant anomaly, I am likely to either part the car out or, scrap it entirely.

As for just randomly searching for a short wire by wire, I wouldn't even know where to start.

At the end of my rope with this car. I really want to keep it but it's just taking up space and is only a source of great frustration at this point.

It's not a flood car.
There is no visible damage from what would appear to be rodents or anything like that.

I really hope someone has something I can go on.

Thanks.

See less See more
#4 ·
As I stated in your other thread...

Have you checked the TCM itself? Or at least the wiring going to it? Could be a loose plug, or disconnected.
The TCM is located behind the glove box. Remove the panel under the dash and look up, the TCM should be right there.

#7 ·
Absolutely.

I was able to marry an ECU on another car, a DICE unit on this one, and it will read all modules on this vehicle.
I am leaning haeavily towards a short in the TCM wiring, here, but even with WIS it seems like I don't even know where to start to do so.

I guess I could have also gotten a bad TCM that was "new"...

WIS talks about using multimiter to measure resistance and "wiggling the harness" and such, but doesn't seem to specify specific terminals.

I also found the pinout descrittions for the TCM but not where the "other end" is supposed to be.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.