SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys need a little advise here.
Im adding footwell lights (original ones) to my 04 9-3. I was thinking to tap them to cigarette lightener as described in manual but....this is not how I want footwell lights to work. I don’t want them to stay on when ignition is on, no need to see color of my shoes when I’m driving.
I want lights on when door gets opened, and lights go off when door gets closed or +20seconds. Similar how interior lights work.
I guess I could tap to interior lights where rear mirror is, OR somewhere else closer to footwell lights...???????
Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mimmi, makes sense.
Would you or someone on this forum recommend a closest place of interior lights to footwell where I could tap?

I read people mentioned that 03 Saabs and above monitor amps usage on interior lights, and if usage is hight it might trigger an error??? Wondering if tapping additional lights to interior lights will not be an issue from this point of view.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow. Thanks!!!
Do you know what are H102-1 and 701?
I assume these are the connectors. Where should I look for them - in behind of stereo system or it’s on the roof somewhere near rear view mirror? Just want to get idea where to look for these wires. Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts