SaabCentral Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
The cone would not pull air through it....but as a ram-air effect it could promote some air flow. As I had the bumper off already, and it was free, I figured it couldn't hurt. It's not going to gain me another 20 HP, but as it aims up and is protected by the grill, there is no real downside.....

Sean

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
ya this is my mod i did last summer... it'll pull air if you attach a funnel from the filter to the opening of the tube that goes into the fender. i mean its a mod that helps with cooling its not a major power getter but it helps get cooler IAT and at higher speeds on the highway its a smidge more responsive in 6th... do it if you want a project.... it also shoots the "bov" sound out the front grille... it was worth it for some sound and cooling temps...

·
Registered
90 Posts
I went this the GS one and I was not pleased with it. the heat shield was almost a 1/4 inch big. at the time I did not realize that it was to big so after install I naturally shut my hood. when I shut my hood the heat shield left a upward dent cracking the paint all the way including the clear coat. a few other people came forward to me saying they had the same problem with there intake from them on v6. GS told me it was my fault and that they could do nothing to help. I was not pleased with GS or Nick. I have a 06 9-3 aero.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I went this the GS one and I was not pleased with it. the heat shield was almost a 1/4 inch big. at the time I did not realize that it was to big so after install I naturally shut my hood. when I shut my hood the heat shield left a upward dent cracking the paint all the way including the clear coat. a few other people came forward to me saying they had the same problem with there intake from them on v6. GS told me it was my fault and that they could do nothing to help. I was not pleased with GS or Nick. I have a 06 9-3 aero.
My GS kit fit perfectly. Sorry you had a bad experience:cry:

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have an 07 aero with the taliaferro Intake and no problems, very nice welds and the carbon fiber is a nice touch. It did not dent my hood that problem has been taken care of. Getting the heat shield in was a bit of a pain, took some fidgeting and wiggling but it's a solid tight fit. Make sure to keep your bushings from the stock air box I used them to keep it from rattling.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
ya this is my mod i did last summer... it'll pull air if you attach a funnel from the filter to the opening of the tube that goes into the fender. i mean its a mod that helps with cooling its not a major power getter but it helps get cooler IAT and at higher speeds on the highway its a smidge more responsive in 6th... do it if you want a project.... it also shoots the "bov" sound out the front grille... it was worth it for some sound and cooling temps...

I've seen this mod around a couple other threads. Where did you gather the additional hose and funnel from? Also, can this be done on any cone or oval filter head?

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.