SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been gathering as much info. as possible on the Taliaferro carbon custom intake made at Genuine Saab for my Aero. Definitely leaning toward this vs BSR, as their craftsmanship has gained much respect over time. Three positive reviews on GS, while being $20 less than BSR. My two small concerns...

1. Have carbon fiber components been known to melt over time from engine heat?

2. Is there risk in using an oiled filter (K&N), as opposed to a dry filter (AEM)?

I had read that a mechanism could be damaged within the intake from oil being sucked in over time. Not sure if BSR uses an oiled filter or dry.

Any input on these two intakes quality/performance (primarily Taliaferro) much appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all of the input. It doesn't look like there is much use of the Taliaferro custom quite yet but if anyone comes across this post and has one, please share your thoughts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have seen a short-ram rerouted into a cold air setup by someone in another thread on their 2.0T. I know the whole engine configuration is much different and less crowded with the 4 cylinder, but is a cold air setup impossible with the 2.8T?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Great to hear that GS addressed that issue with hood contact! I'll be going with the Taliaferro, as I like the fact they use a K&N filter, and I can save about $20 in the process vs BSR.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
ya this is my mod i did last summer... it'll pull air if you attach a funnel from the filter to the opening of the tube that goes into the fender. i mean its a mod that helps with cooling its not a major power getter but it helps get cooler IAT and at higher speeds on the highway its a smidge more responsive in 6th... do it if you want a project.... it also shoots the "bov" sound out the front grille... it was worth it for some sound and cooling temps...

I've seen this mod around a couple other threads. Where did you gather the additional hose and funnel from? Also, can this be done on any cone or oval filter head?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.