SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have the GenuineSaab air intake kit w/ heat shield. I will say that the build quality was excellent and I was very impressed with the factory fitment of the heat shield. GS obviously took great care in designing something of high quality. Oh, and the sound is pretty sweet too! Highly recommend to everyone! Not disappointed in the slightest!

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have the GenuineSaab air intake kit w/ heat shield. I will say that the build quality was excellent and I was very impressed with the factory fitment of the heat shield. GS obviously took great care in designing something of high quality. Oh, and the sound is pretty sweet too! Highly recommend to everyone! Not disappointed in the slightest!
A little add-on to my original comments....

I work as a service advisor at a Nissan dealership and my Nissan Master Technician happened to walk by my car while I was charging the battery in the shop and he couldn't stop talking about what a great air intake kit the GS one was. He said you can really tell that there was a high level of quality there. He was impressed & he's been working on cars for over 30 years now.

·
Registered
110 Posts
We are just talking about this in a another thread in this forum.....

Also the Craig heat shield is cheap and probably better then anyone trying to make their own from scratch....

Sean

I was thinking of this type of idea as well, but the more I thought about it, the less I'm sure a cone filter inside the engine cavity is really going to pull air through the stock tubing. Yeah, you may have SOME air pushing into the tube if you're going really fast, ie: highway speeds, but in general I don't think in town driving is going to pull much air through into the engine bay. Who knows? Guess it'd just be more of a trial and error thing. I kinda think the best possible thing to do is just remove or relocate as much out of the engine bay to let her breathe better. I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I went this the GS one and I was not pleased with it. the heat shield was almost a 1/4 inch big. at the time I did not realize that it was to big so after install I naturally shut my hood. when I shut my hood the heat shield left a upward dent cracking the paint all the way including the clear coat. a few other people came forward to me saying they had the same problem with there intake from them on v6. GS told me it was my fault and that they could do nothing to help. I was not pleased with GS or Nick. I have a 06 9-3 aero.
My GS kit fit perfectly. Sorry you had a bad experience:cry:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.