SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
car: 1999 saab 9-3 turbo

my car turns over an average of 5-6 times before starting. everytime. sometimes more. but runs fine after its started. why?

thanks
Gage

·
Registered
649 Posts
I think that's just the way the cars are.....Mine turns over 3-6 times depending on the outside temperature....2-3 if i just drove it... my dad's acura turns over like.....once, lol.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
IMO, this does have a meaning; but for this event to have a diagnostic value, the actual timing must be done by the car's ECU and in milliseconds. If the fuel check valve is slow or leaks just a tiny bit, then the time will be longer I think this very slight delay may aid in engine life:cheesy:.....one second longer for oil pressure to amass before combustion pressures....
2 to 4 turns for me, less when cold.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
You most likely need a fuel pump check valve. The check valve keeps the fuel from draining back into the tank after you shut the car down. If the valve is stuck open then the fuel lines are empty or at least not full when you start your car. You will have to wait for the fuel to go through the whole fuel system each time. It's an easy, cheap fix. I had to do the same to all of my Saabs at around 70k.

·
Registered
649 Posts
any pix/tutorials?

This might explain why my car stalled out 2-3 times after sitting in my garage for a week. I actually got scared and thought it died n then it sputtered to life which made me :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts