SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'm looking for a tiny detail for my 1990 C900, the tailgate hinge covers, but the more I look into it the weirder it seems. Those covers are supposed to be mounted inside the car, at the rear edge of the headlining (where it meets the seal/weatherstrip of the tailgate) - in my car there are two obvious rectangular cuts in the headlining (which look factory-like), where those covers are supposed to be (I think). In EPC (or any parts diagram I can find online) those covers are visible in the "Tailgate - lock" section, but no part number is given. Instead, there is a "See headlining, pillar lining, etc." note:

However, in the "Headlining, pillar trim" section those covers are not shown! Moreover, as I was looking for some photos showing those covers in the car, I was unable to find any - on every single photo I can find there are no plastic covers visible, just plain headlining. According to EPC those covers were present only in cars MY90-MY93, but it does not seem to be confirmed by any photos. At the same time there's obviously something missing in my car.

Therefore I have following questions:
1. Does anyone have those plastic covers visible? If yes, could you show a photo?
2. Does anyone have those covers for sale?
3. Does anyone know the part number(s) of those covers?
4. Does anyone know what else might be missing in my car, if no plastic covers were ever installed at the rear edge of the headlining?

I'd appreciate any help.

PS. Unfortunately I cannot post photos of headlining of my car, since at the moment I'm far away from the car. Hopefully you guys will be able to help me even despite this...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe they were proposed but never made production.
That's what I thought too, but on the other hand there's something obviously missing in my car... And I realized that only when I removed the headliner, replaced the material and put it back in the car. I don't remember how exactly it looked with the old material, maybe the holes in the headliner shell were covered with the material, but those holes in the shell look like there were designed to be there. Weird...

I don't know if it means anything, but my car was originally sold in Germany. Maybe cars for this market were somehow different?

Any other thoughts?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Already seen this one, but thanks. Actually, there is one hint in there: if you look carefully at the headliner shell from the top, you can see where those holes/cuts I'm talking about might be:

Only in my car those holes are actually there! Have anyone seen such holes (or plastic covers of them) in any car?

·
Registered
7,094 Posts
I have had 50+ c900s and done headliners in probably half of them. I've never seen such a cover.

I *could* see Saab having made such a thing, maybe sold as an accessory. If one had a Toppola, they might want easier access to installing and removing the hatch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts