SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm preparing to re-do the grounds for the tail lights in my '91 900 vert. I've looked over Craig's Web page about the job and the Townsend info. Craig's site is missing some pics and is rather vague about where to drill the holes in the boards. While I realize this isn't rocket science, I'm a careful kind of guy.

Does anyone have photos of where to drill the holes in the tail light boards?

I'd also love to see the instructions from Andrew's of Princeton (often referenced and not on their Web site anymore). Does anyone have a digital version of these instructions that they can post or e-mail me? Please advise.

Thanks

·
Registered
689 Posts
There's no earth screw points directly on the tailboard lights, the earth wire is on the connectors which pull off the tail lights. They are earthed to a ground point under the boot wooden floor in the central strut.
Note that the two tail light boards are not interchangeble and the plugs must go the right wat round as they can fit both ways, best to mark them before you take them off for cleaning up the contacts, which are another cause of strange problems.

·
Registered
297 Posts
From what I remember, you use a self tapping screw and a lead off of it to the big bar under the floor of the trunk. (The screw goes through the circuit board, but not the silver lines themselves).

If I get out there tomorrow, I'll take a pic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts