SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm replacing the starter on my '90 non-turbo 900s. Until now, I hadn't realized there are not two connections but three - the bolt and two tabs. The old starter ran (until I fried it) and I don't think I disconnected the two red wires at the bolt and the green spade connector above it. Having put the replacement in, it's not starting - just a click. The ignition relay is clicking. Perhaps that second, smaller tab is why the starter isn't engaging. What wire goes there,and what is its origin? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What, then, is the other spade connector? Presumably the grounding is directly through being bolted onto the engine. FTR, it is the larger spade connector directly above the bolt with the battery cable which, in the formerly-functional starter, had the yellow wire (with a few inches of green wire ending in the female spade connector). I'm afraid I'm still perplexed.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Only Bosch knows. The solenoid isn't unique to Saab, and some cars use a daisy-chain configuration to run a cold start injector or something else that's engaged with the starter. On a c900, it's not used. Nothing goes there. Ignore it.

If you're getting only a click from the starter, it's bad, your ignition switch isn't passing sufficient amperage, or your battery is low.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts