SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to refresh, Where can I get and which one for a can interface to work with trionic 8 suite? And, once the can bus conncetor is plugged into the car and i load up t8 suite, will it find the ecm automatically? and if not, what hoops do i jump through to get everything jiving together?

·
Registered
430 Posts
T8 Suite is free to download, I'd checkout the forums:

http://www.trionictuning.com/forum/index.php

I've personally used the OBDLink LX cable with the T8 CAN Flasher software to download the binary file from the ECU. Unfortunately T8 Suite was a bit of steep learning curve for me and having a BioPower 2.0t engine made it even more interesting.

When I tried to open the file using T8 Suite there were lots of errors relating to missing maps, etc. I read the T8 Suite manual and I think I understood the basics but to be honest, I didn't have the time to spend on it.

For me the best solution was to pay someone else to tune my car who had experience with the BioPower 2.0t, so I bought the VTuner stage 0 program and hand held flasher. All I had to do was download the stock binary, send it via email to Brian (VTuner) and he sent me back a 230 HP file (remember BioPower 2.0t). Flashed the new file and everything worked perfectly on gas and E85.

I wish you the best of luck with T8 Suite and hopefully you'll get the support you need from the trionictuning.com forums.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does the obi link lx work with both t8suite and trionic can? I dont want to solder in a bdm interface for can USB if I don't have to.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Does the obi link lx work with both t8suite and trionic can? I dont want to solder in a bdm interface for can USB if I don't have to.
I never used T8 Suite with the OBDLink adapter. I only downloaded the binary file using the TrionicCAN Flash software. I've attached a screen shot of the download process, which took about 15 minutes. I opened the downloaded binary file using T8 Suite. I believe another Trionic Tuning forum member managed to flash a binary file back using the TrionicCAN Flash software with the OBDLink adapter but I never tried.

The OBDLink LX adapter plugs straight in to the OBDII port and the other end is a USB plug that plugs in to your laptop. I didn't have to touch a soldering iron or make any modifications to the car or the cable. The FTDI Windows drivers I used were from here:

http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/D2XX.htm

Attachments

·
Registered
430 Posts
The OBDLink LX adapter plugs straight in to the OBDII port and the other end is a USB plug that plugs in to your laptop. I didn't have to touch a soldering iron or make any modifications to the car or the cable. The FTDI Windows drivers I used were from here:

http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/D2XX.htm
Sorry, just realised the cable adapter is called OBDLink SX. The bluetooth adapter is the LX.

·
Premium Member
11,181 Posts
The downloads were re-hosted on socalsaab.com by Steve Hayes. They have the software downloads, the documentation downloads and the user's guides for all of the products. You will want the downloads for, and titled . . . . . . . . . . T8Suite.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok so I have the data cable and down loaded the ftd drivers. I get no commu nication. Its still says 3 different types of adapter and no matter which one l pick, none communicate. What am I doing?
wrong

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
for available input devices in trionic can flasher it shows the lawicell, combi adapter, elm 327 v1.3 or higher, or just4trionic. is there a way to get it to recognize the obd sx like suggested?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts