SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am putting some of the final touches to my engine prior to installing in the car and really need some detail pics or diagram for vacuum routing. It's a T7 in my 2000 base 9-3.

I have a port below the two coolant ports on the throttle body that has nothing attached as well as a port in the intake manifold to the right of the throttle body as well as the port on the vacuum pump. My car was a bit botched up when I got it so I don't have much to go on in this area. I have a feeling some of this is related to the power brake booster.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I second the need for a vacuum line diagram for the T7. I could use one for a stumbling problem I'm having. Thanks in advance!
Ryan

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wonder why this seems to be such a mystery? I have found a sketch of a hard vacuum line with check valve that goes to the two open ports I have previously mentioned and the brake booster. Apparently this is what routes to these locations. The picture (sketch) is at the Eeuroparts catalog.

·
Registered
18,925 Posts
Anyone have this diagram? I'm planning on replacing all the lines with silicone lines. Are they all 4MM?
All the 4mm ones are :) Ten feet of line will be plenty.

The only other lines will be the special brake related lines and the large PCV line.

Just do one end at a time, one line at a time. Slice the lines on the fitting and peel off. Be especially careful with the line that has the white check valve in it as the valves get brittle. You should use something oil/gas resistant for that one as silicone has been known to sweat oil there.

The lower lines on the TB and the ones on the manifold are a little hard to reach on a T7 - a small pair of bent nose needle nose are handy to have.

·
Registered
491 Posts
sounds good. I have to do the PCV lines here pretty soon as well. There is visible cracking at the passenger side valve cover connection. The fitting seems to be loose as well. From looking around I guess those lines are 6mm. Could that cause a vacuum issue? Or does the valve prevent that?

·
Registered
18,925 Posts
The valve allows flow towards the TB, so I don't think it would help with a leak.

Do you have the PCV #6 update kit installed? If not, it replaces all those formed hoses on top... and there are a couple more you should replace to the oil trap along with the kit. Also includes a new VC nipple. If you do that kit with the small hoses you are pretty much covered.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I've only had the car about 8 months so I do not know if it was installed. Is there a quick way to check if its the correct version? A part number or visual cue?

·
Registered
491 Posts
definitely have those tubes. They must have just used the smaller kit like you see on thesaabsite vs the full kit on GS. So just a couple hoses and the valve cover seal to replace.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts