SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is sort of a cross-post, but figured folks here might be interested...

My '85 SPG is a T5 conversion, and I sent two sets of junkyard injectors out to InjectorRx for inspection and cleaning:

I guess "average" for used junkyard injectors? Really not bad for 20+ year old parts with a totally unknown history!

I had them package one set for long-term storage, but I will go ahead and install the other set in the car.

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$18 per and $9 shipping. I seriously almost put the $200 towards a $500 injector cleaning machine, but I don't know what's really involved in the work and figured I'd leave it to professionals...maybe next time I won't!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Cleaning injectors is pretty easy without a commercial rig...testing and quantifying is not so easy. My presumption has always been that a good cleaning and fresh wear items (o-rings) will bring a set of injectors back to mostly original specs. That is, there is not really any adjustment and the injector is basically either open or closed (which is controlled by the ECU). All the injectors I've cleaned were for twin cylinder motorcycles (where an 'imbalance' would be noticeable). I have a spare set of injectors that I will clean/rebuild for my Saab...but, there are a few projects in line before that one.

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The machines that clean and measure are CHEAAAAP these days:

But then you've got this machine kicking around! I didn't buy one this time, but I probably won't be able to when they drop another $50 or so.... ~$300-$350 shipping to your doorstep? Why wouldn't you? :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts