SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am seeing posts regarding builds and people using t5 cams in a t7 car. I was told this was basicly not practical because of tune issues. How are people achieving this?

·
Registered
620 Posts
you were told wrong.

if you install them as-is, your car will run the same but EGT's will drop noticeably. the main bonus is if you tune with them installed you gain 20hp extra.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
20 hp is a great gain. I have a 99 se parts car that I could pull cams out of. How does one go about tuning your own car? I have an lm1 data logger that needs to be installed when I get a chance. Is there software I can buy that will allow me to Change all the variables such as fuel, boost and timing myself. I have a decent grasp of mechanical principles but all of the ecu stuff is like wizardly black magic that I have virtually no exposure to.

·
Registered
620 Posts
i believe you can use t5 suite or t7 suite software with an interface cable.
be warned, you can easily kill your motor by playing around, i have never used the software and a professional tuner did my tune in real time, custom to my motor.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow...pretty cool. Thanks and yeah ill definitely tread lightly there. I basically need to find a tuner in my neck of the woods. I've dealt with a couple of outfits up here who claimed to have the expertise only to be shortchanged

·
Registered
349 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.