SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a total newb when it comes to Saab's but I had always wanted one and finally after graduating college I was able to buy a 2000 Viggen with 113,000 miles for $8,000 which I think is a good deal. With that said I don't know jack about my car and would like to start off by asking what is the difference between a T5 and a T7 and what is the significance of those terms. In addition, I was wondering if there is anything I should know about Saab's or my car in inspecific that should be checked out or looked at by a mechanic, or what type of gas/oil is recommended. Should I look into a different ECU, easy ways to increase horse power or cool idea's for adding cup holders. Basically anything you have to offer would be greatly appreciated! thanks

-happy proud new Saab owner:D

·
Registered
365 Posts
Welcome to the site,

-T5 and T7- the Direct ignition cassette, you have a T7

-What should be looked at- You may want to drop the oil pan to check for sludge and replace basic tune-up stuff (spark plugs, fuel filter, ect...)

-gas-only premium

-Oil-Run higher weight name brand oil, like Amsoil 5w-40, and a good oil filter like wix, mobil 1, Bosch, really anything but Fram.

If you want to tune, make sure your car is running very well and have regular maintenance stuff done. The best bang for your buck would be a Steering Rack Brace & Clamp Kit and Rear Anti-Roll Bar, both of them are available from Genuinesaab.com, both of which will make a big difference in the cars handling.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts