SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a UK supplier for the above adapter plate. I have a VVT which I was going to fit to my 9000 but as the GT28RS has proved very successful I might as well put it to good use and fit to one of our 900's, either the 1990 Carlsson or the 1987 900T. Which car would be the better choice, bearing in mind the vvt is oil cooled only.

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
veriable valve timing ??? :lol:

is your 900t a 16valve? if not that could answer you question for you cus ' if you was to get a manifold from a late 16v 900T they had the T25 turbo so you wouldnt need a adaptor plate for the VVT (what ever that may be :roll: ) to fit it to your carlsson

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Variable vane, no waste gate required as the vanes are controlled by internal linkages and depending on position can supply full boost or no boost and infinite varying boosts inbetween the on and off positions.

Both cars are 16v, although I think the Carlsson has a mitsu turbo which is a lot more progressive than the T3.
But now you have me thinking about manifolds...will a 9000 manifold fit a 900 and still have enouh clearance for the turbo to fit? Cannot be bother to walk down to the carpark in the rain and lift the bonnet..:cheesy:

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
this is something i have often thought of but some how i think not as the turbo will be in the way of the drive shart & engine mount

1 - 4 of 4 Posts