SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I buyed a used JSP t25 turbo, what is it really good for? The jsp website dont say much, i think a little over 300? Would it be a stage 4 or 5 turbo?
JSP says it is bigger than TD0418. Any hearings or experiences?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, jsp has 2 different turbos, "big t28" and this t25 with t03 60trim wheels.

"JSP T25 Turbo
The JSP T25 turbo upgrade is bigger than the TD0418T (the compressor wheel is the same size ias a T3/60). A very nice turbo direct bolt in unit, no need to hunt down all the bits to make the Mitsubishi unit fit.
Price: $850 + $200 core charge"
http://jakstollperformance.com/t5.html

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
I know that Jak shut shop a while back. He's not around anymore.

I think JZW used one of these turbos once and 318 WHP (I think)

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Can you post a picture of it? Curious to see which housings it has. Sounds like a full T28 conversion with stock housings ported out. Any play in the wheel? If you know how, remove the 4 bolts holding the exhaust housing on (won't ruin anything) and post a picture of it's "IN" port (the opening where gases first enter the housing with the 4 studs to the manifold). This can give us a better idea of what's been done. I'm going to assume it has the upgraded thrust plate and thrust washer too.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, i havent got it yet, couse it is in the finnish customs clearance. But next week at least. Shouldnt be any shaftplay. JWZ said me with stage 5 E85 tune i can find 380bhp, dint know about that but over 350 would be great! Think im going with their software.

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
The last time I saw any mention of Jak on saabnet.com, he moved to the northwest - like Washington or Oregon. That's too bad because in addition to turbos and exhausts, he also rebuilt manual transmissions... Ron

·
Premium Member
11,181 Posts
I buyed a used JSP t25 turbo, what is it really good for? The jsp website dont say much, i think a little over 300? Would it be a stage 4 or 5 turbo?
JSP says it is bigger than TD0418. Any hearings or experiences?
Tomi, that turbo made made 25 PSI for me with a Jak Stoll stage 5 tune and then again with a JZW stage 5 tune. I was told that I would get 340BHP with the particular tunes I got. I verified the psi numbers with an external boost gauge, and it made the promised 25 PSI every time. I switched to the JZW to get a more progressive boost curve with a higher sustained boost. With the JZW tune it climbed to 25 PSI a tad slower but held it there as long as I had road in front of me.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Tomi, that turbo made made 25 PSI for me with a Jak Stoll stage 5 tune and then again with a JZW stage 5 tune. I was told that I would get 340BHP with the particular tunes I got. I verified the psi numbers with an external boost gauge, and it made the promised 25 PSI every time. I switched to the JZW to get a more progressive boost curve with a higher sustained boost. With the JZW tune it climbed to 25 PSI a tad slower but held it there as long as I had road in front of me.
What exactly is it and which housings does it have?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jzw said to me same 25psi, but 380bhp with e85, witch i think is possible if you get 340 with bensin.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts