SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
T16 Ecu/Fi

I've got a T16 ECU/Fi unit from an 85 SPG, i was wondering if on later models whether the o2 sensor is connected to the ECU?

You have to have an o2 sensor if you have a CAT don't you, so if you were going to remove the CAT do you have to mess with the o2 sensor aswell?

Mainly asking to find out if this box would be usefull to someone looking to de cat their T16.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Si the o2 sensor is mounted before the cat on the turbo elbow, therefore it has no effect when removing the cat. Mine has been decated long before I owned it and my LPT has also been decatted. No doubt someone will tell you differently:nono; but in my experience its fine;) .

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
T16 q's

Alright, just having a bit off a spring clean so trying to separate the usefull from not so usefull! Gotta make room for more Saab bits!

Is there a huge amount of difference between the Fi units on earlier/later T16's and SPG's or are they all pretty standard????

·
Registered
286 Posts
Well from around 1990 they are all Lucas units. So yours is only of use till 89 model. Stick it on Ebay, somebody might be in need of a spare.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts