SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I kinda asked this within a thread in the workshop forum, but never got an answer so i thought i would give it an other shot. I got fed up waiting for the cone filter to come in at genuine saab and got myself a drop in K+N, Now i also have a VW VR6 and dropping in a K+N and "swiss cheese ing" the air box produces about the same power with a smoother delivery than the cone filter.

Would not the same thing work on the Saab? why is no one else doing this mod, Thre must be a reason. what am i missing?

·
Registered
642 Posts
you could always have them mock you up a 3in pipe at an exhaust shop to fit and get a kn filter

·
Registered
919 Posts
I guess the closest thing widely used is the '3in mod', basically just cutting out the small tube and putting in a 3"...
intake

If its worth waiting to see them both to decide, I have the speedparts intake (from taliaferro) and jeff is running a 3" mod with a k&n.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Just an idea - get a spare filter housing on some salvage yard and cut it completly, leaving only the frame with the clips to hold the filter tight with the upper part. That would be the widest intake possible. What would happen?

·
Registered
194 Posts
I am also using the Speedparts intake. I was thinking about removing the hood insulation but it seems that would eliminate the seal on top of the intake and allow more engine heat to be sucked in.

The Speedparts intake doesn't seem to be a real "cold air intake" as it sits right there in the engine compartment. I wonder if the 3" mod isn't better in this regard.

I know of one person who cut out the entire bottom of his NG airbox and likes the result. I just want to get the coldest air possible in there and am less concerned with hearing my bpv or intake.

·
Registered
642 Posts
victorspecial said:
I am also using the Speedparts intake. I was thinking about removing the hood insulation but it seems that would eliminate the seal on top of the intake and allow more engine heat to be sucked in.
Try getting some weatherstripping to make a seal, Im going to try this this weekend.

·
Registered
147 Posts
From what I have read the Standard air intake on the T7's is around 2.5"

Is there any benefit to doing the intake mod on a T7.

Jules

·
Registered
194 Posts
jrbrangi said:
Try getting some weatherstripping to make a seal, Im going to try this this weekend.
Let us know how this works out. I want to try to run a little cooler this summer. Gets to triple digits at times. Gotta spring for an intercooler too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts