1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a rally beasty look at the FMIC ;)

with a 16v motor revs to 8K & 300bhp

Paul

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
that is the 16v B type engine fitted to the saab rally car from the 70s pre turbo era and produces over 230 bhp

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
i have no idea, but assume its a high delivery fuel pump

the other thing thats just crossed my mind is the engine in pauls thread is not out of the car in the tread, the car has an intercooler, the engine is a non turbo unit

·
Premium Member
11,587 Posts
I don't think the ever did a turbo version of the 16v B engine, but the power it put out NA was superb without a blower! Oil, water or fuel pump for the belt driven thing. I'd guess oil as the pipes look a bit big for fuel and small for water?

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Richard & boys look at this FMIC setup on a 99T

its so Sick & Big :cool: :cool:

Enjoy Paul

·
Registered
5,677 Posts
wow. thats definately big!.. im not sure if its that tasteful though! - he's kinda mutilated the front end a bit fitting that!

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did you notice the Saab 9-5 alloys, 5 stud bolt pattern wheels on the 99 & C900 :cool:

Paul

·
Registered
815 Posts
Definitely mauled the front IMHO. That blue sock doesn't look the part at all!!

The wheels on the 99 look alright! Not sure about the 900 though.

·
Registered
5,677 Posts
I hadnt noticed the 900 wheels. It is a very nice car apart from the mutliated front end!

The bonnet doesnt sit very flat though. Has he just taken the hinges off a normal bonnet and put the 2 clips on it?. All the other removable ones ive seen have sat nice and flat.
I'd really like an easily removable bonnet for my 99

·
Registered
498 Posts
Tomarse said:
I hadnt noticed the 900 wheels. It is a very nice car apart from the mutliated front end!

The bonnet doesnt sit very flat though. Has he just taken the hinges off a normal bonnet and put the 2 clips on it?. All the other removable ones ive seen have sat nice and flat.
I'd really like an easily removable bonnet for my 99
If you look very closely up the middle of the bonnet it is very rippled, the bonnet is fibreglass I have had them myself.

Rob

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Rob,

i am curious about the GRP bonnet, where did you get it from, are they still available, i was thinking of making my own, but it's much easier if they are already made.

·
Registered
498 Posts
sonett1 said:
Rob,

i am curious about the GRP bonnet, where did you get it from, are they still available, i was thinking of making my own, but it's much easier if they are already made.
Hi Sonett1

Not my bonnet but I can tell it is grp from the look of it, I did have one in the early 80's, you probably get one made at somewhere like a fish pond manufacturer

rob

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Cheers Rob,

i could make one made, but it's always easier buying one that's already done.
Also on that bonett he has a '900' type vent in it.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Matthew, A LOT :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Paul

1 - 20 of 21 Posts