SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Swedish midnight Boston run 3/23/13

I would like to see if there's any interest out there for a midnight run of Boston through the tunnels and everything? Would be pretty fun to get 10-20 cars for sometime in the spring
Update: the date for this will be march 23rd. The meeting spot will be at rockingham mall on the Macy's side at 10:30 pm
The run will end at a burger place near Fenway

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would just need help planning a route. My buddy was telling me how some Subaru club does a similar thing and then they all stop at an ihop at the end

·
Registered
64 Posts
Boston Run

I’m in! Where in Boston did you want to go other than the tunnels? Also just putting it out in the open route 2 in western mass is a fun drive to Amherst and back to Boston it’s a winding country road/ old freeway.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I’m in! Where in Boston did you want to go other than the tunnels? Also just putting it out in the open route 2 in western mass is a fun drive to Amherst and back to Boston it’s a winding country road/ old freeway.
Not sure yet. Do you know your way around Boston pretty well?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Midnight Boston Run

I live about 30mins North of Boston, I know the main roads but not the tunnels as detailed as we need. But I can help plan a route. How far are you thinking of making it? Does it need to be a loop back to start or can it end at different location?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I live about 30mins North of Boston, I know the main roads but not the tunnels as detailed as we need. But I can help plan a route. How far are you thinking of making it? Does it need to be a loop back to start or can it end at different location?
Maybe a large loop around? If you could help plan the route that would be greatly appreciated!
I was thinking of having the meeting spot at the rockingham mall in Salem
Also I'd like to aim for march 16

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Ohhh BOY am I IN!;ol; I live in Boston and have my Saab and it is currently running--Jupiter must be in line with Mars! Yeah, I'd be happy to route-plan. Old Jamaica way and the surrounding burb's of Boston have some savage twisties! I can route plan, but plan on it being a real drive and not some 3 mile whoop-dee around Bean-town....the problem with the tunnels is that there actually aren't too many that go anywhere fun or are themselves interesting. We could also goof around on Storrow Drive, which is a pin-ball machine with plunge-in-river consequences. We could end at a FANTASTIC burger place by the Fen's, too. Boston is not actually a great city to drive *in*, but around it is boss!
-Cm

·
Registered
15 Posts
Funny, if we actually did get a big group together I could call in some media favors and maybe get us some publicity. TV stations love this kind of stuff. So anybody in the Witness Protection Program, take a pass.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Midnight Boston Run

I agree with "Cm" Boston Sucks to drive in. The roads are not that good and the tunnels might fall you.... he he. They are still fixing that problem I think. If I was to plan a trip I would make it on a Saturday afternoon out to western mass and back. It's a more fun drive with better sites to see. Also we could plan to eat lunch someplace together then drive back. But if you want to do a Boston trip you would not be seeing much unless you paid some tolls. As in about 3 of them, I made a rough trip today at lunch. Tell me what you think of it Here is the link. "CM" do you have any other Idea's about surrounding highways we could use? If the link doesn't work Google map
Destination A 99 Rockingham Park Blvd, Salem, NH 03079
Destination B South St
Destination C US-3 N
Destination D 99 Rockingham Park Blvd, Salem, NH 03079
85.2 mi, 1 hour 43 mins
-Joe
http://http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=99+Rockingham+Park+Blvd,+Salem,+NH+03079&daddr=South+St+to:42.3435054,-71.2542571+to:US-3+N+to:99+Rockingham+Park+Blvd,+Salem,+NH+03079&hl=en&ll=42.532844,-71.119995&spn=0.827772,2.084656&sll=42.55308,-71.185913&sspn=0.789075,1.955566&geocode=FbeTjAIduy_B-ylpD4QFJarjiTHFTP1Uo3_UcQ;FYk0hgIdLL_D-w;FVEchgIdD7_A-ylr9md5qoPjiTFXl35nTSg7ug;FWx7iQIdwAvA-w;FbeTjAIduy_B-ylpD4QFJarjiTHFTP1Uo3_UcQ&oq=99+Rockingham+Park+Blvd+Salem,+NH+03079&dirflg=t&mra=ls&via=2&t=m&z=9

1 - 20 of 120 Posts