SaabCentral Forums banner

361 - 380 of 382 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #361
I hope so, I haven't tried it yet.

Lately an issue I've been having is the ATEN starts then turns off. And I have to trigger it (by pressing the key on my steering wheel) to turn it on again.
Interesting

·
Registered
60 Posts
SS7, if I remember correctly you have a tech 2 yes? have you ever tried marrying a stock radio from a different car to your car? just a random question :)

·
Super Moderator
9,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #363
SS7, if I remember correctly you have a tech 2 yes? have you ever tried marrying a stock radio from a different car to your car? just a random question :)
I don't own one but I have access to a genuine Tech2, yes. I've married several radios to several of my SAABs, yes, probably 10 or so. Why do you ask?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Video link fixed.
Most excellent research, work, and information sir!

In my case on an '07 9-5...

If one wanted to do this but wasn't concerned with being able to use the steering wheel controls to change tracks and the like (I 95% tend to just listen to stuff end-to-end anyway) you'd just need the:

• PA20-GM piggy back adapter.
  • Bluetooth receiver.
  • Switched USB power adapter.
Could this all be located in the trunk and mounted in and around the XM module?

Also, is the HomeSpot BT receiver *just* a speaker adapter, leaving the phone's microphone free to be used to receive calls and have the caller's audio sent through the stereo system?

Sorry for the horribly noobish questions but going through the entire thread is just mind blowing I'm on my second trip through. The evolution of the system you've created here is simply fascinating to read.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
9,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #367
Hey there! Glad this thread could help!

If one wanted to do this but wasn't concerned with being able to use the steering wheel controls to change tracks and the like (I 95% tend to just listen to stuff end-to-end anyway) you'd just need the:

• PA20-GM piggy back adapter.
  • Bluetooth receiver.
  • Switched USB power adapter.
Could this all be located in the trunk and mounted in and around the XM module?
Yes, plus a few cables here and there to convert signals. And yes, could all be mounted in trunk.

Also, is the HomeSpot BT receiver *just* a speaker adapter, leaving the phone's microphone free to be used to receive calls and have the caller's audio sent through the stereo system?
Correct, both Android/Apple devices will see the Homespot as a "music-only" device and will reserve a bluetooth connection for phone use with something else. When I'm driving, my phone is connected to 3 bluetooth devices at the same time: OEM handsfree bluetooth (for phone calls), Homespot (for music), and the Aten CS533 (a bluetooth keyboard, not applicable in your case).

Sorry for the horribly noobish questions but going through the entire thread is just mind blowing I'm on my second trip through. The evolution of the system you've created here is simply fascinating to read.

Thanks.
Happy to help, let me know if I can answer any more questions! ;ol;

·
Registered
398 Posts
Hey there! Glad this thread could help!

Happy to help, let me know if I can answer any more questions! ;ol;
Me too! Awesome!

Ok, since you offered...what other cables? Looks like the HomeSpot comes with a L-R RCA to 1/8" phono cable and I assume the PA20-GM comes with the unit to XM module adapter?. Do I need something to cut into power for the USB power adapter?

·
Registered
60 Posts
SS7, yeah i wanted to ask you about the tech 2 stuff because i still wanted a nexus 7 in the car but didnt want to take my radio apart and bought one from a junk saab.

But anyways, after seeing your video, I would rather have that too than running aux input. is it possible for an 07 aero?

·
Super Moderator
9,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #371 (Edited)
Me too! Awesome!

Ok, since you offered...what other cables? Looks like the HomeSpot comes with a L-R RCA to 1/8" phono cable and I assume the PA20-GM comes with the unit to XM module adapter?. Do I need something to cut into power for the USB power adapter?
I used one of these (option #1).

Tapped into here.

The Homespot comes with the necessary USB power cable.

You will also need an RCA cord, and yes I believe the Homespot came with the female 3.5mm --> RCA adapter. PA20GM obviously comes with everything you need.

is it possible for an 07 aero?
Yes, same radio as mine.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I used one of these (option #1).

Tapped into here.

The Homespot comes with the necessary USB power cable.

You will also need an RCA cord, and yes I believe the Homespot came with the female 3.5mm --> RCA adapter. PA20GM obviously comes with everything you need.

Yes, same radio as mine.
Time to fire off an Amazon order, THANKS!

·
Registered
60 Posts
SS7, do you happen to have the instructions on how to marry a different deck to the car? I found some dude locally that has a tech 2 but he doenst know how to do it. thanks

·
Super Moderator
9,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #374
SS7, do you happen to have the instructions on how to marry a different deck to the car? I found some dude locally that has a tech 2 but he doenst know how to do it. thanks
Very easy. Install head unit. Then, on Tech2, select Diagnostics, year, model etc. Then go to Add/Remove. Then select EHU. Then hit Add. Then answer questions. Then you're done.

·
Super Moderator
9,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #378
This is pretty stupendous - love seeing a Nexus getting used creatively!
Thanks Eric! Hope you're well in Florida!

Note to readers: all broken video/pic links have been fixed in my posts (due to Picasaweb shutdown).

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just found this thread after looking at some ideas for my tablet install on my 2004 Saab 95. Turns out we use the same background image! :-D

I was searching for HD Saab wallpapers/backgrounds and that looks by far the best, i've managed to encorpate some large icons as well to load music/waze/podcasts/radio etc.

I'll post up my final design when im done. I cant post pictures or links :( but remove the brackets to see www[.]imgur[.]com/a/PYZzeRb

·
Super Moderator
9,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #380
I just found this thread after looking at some ideas for my tablet install on my 2004 Saab 95. Turns out we use the same background image! :-D

I was searching for HD Saab wallpapers/backgrounds and that looks by far the best, i've managed to encorpate some large icons as well to load music/waze/podcasts/radio etc.

I'll post up my final design when im done. I cant post pictures or links :( but remove the brackets to see www[.]imgur[.]com/a/PYZzeRb
Lookin' good!

361 - 380 of 382 Posts