SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I am starting on a redesign for the rear ARB mounts. The overall geometry makes this a pain to cut on 2 passes so I am still concerned the cost may be too high for a solid CNC piece. This might have to go to a local fabricator I know for 18GA sheet work. He can make anything look nice.

Wood Office ruler Input device Peripheral Office supplies

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My friend is backlogged so no local product. My current solid design can be cut for under 60 a piece out of 6061. I have a plate design already and can get them laser cut.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The bushing that will fit this can be OE or preferably Energy Suspension's greasable poly. I have a 17mm sample bushing for the kit prototype but you can get 19, 20, etc.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
New 300x300 3D printer set up and printing a prototype out of carbon fiber PLA. Got lots of space now to prototype big parts. The old Monoprice Select Plus 200x200 still does a good job after 8 years but this one has a larger bed, faster and more precise extrusion, a sprint plate which requires no bed prep and auto-levelling. The extrusion head is mag-mounted too for easy servicing.

Wood Automotive exterior Technology Machine Metal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts