SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a 9-5 AERO of the same year at a local scrap yard and would like to snag the two vented seats to add the feature to my linear, how hard is it to do?

I'm pretty good at electrical wiring, and was going to wire the system separately from the OEM harness, but I'm not sure what I need in terms of A/C piping.

Any info/advice/pics/how-to's would be helpful!

Thanks

·
Registered
867 Posts
I found a 9-5 AERO of the same year at a local scrap yard and would like to snag the two vented seats to add the feature to my linear, how hard is it to do?

I'm pretty good at electrical wiring, and was going to wire the system separately from the OEM harness, but I'm not sure what I need in terms of A/C piping.

Any info/advice/pics/how-to's would be helpful!

Thanks
It the 2003 it should be pretty easy, I think the OEM harness would be way easier.
When you get the seats get the switches too, next to seat heater switch.
Remove the blanks in your 03, there should be an orange and a black plug.
I think the heat is yellow and green. either way the ones that are not connected are the right ones.
Disconnect battery.
Remove your old seats, unplug etc. install new seats plug in and plug in switches. reconnect battery.
hope fully SRS and airbag light dont come on. if they do wait a month and they will go off or get it cleared with techII.
they should just work.
no piping etc its really just 2 fans in the seat and takes the air from the vent under the seat. works with seat heaters too.
you can manually wire it in as well (if yours does not have harness for some reason) but I would still get the switches with the seats for better look
and 3 speeds. and then hook up to power supply.
oh and if yours does not have the wiring, cut the plugs along with the switches along with as much of the wire you can.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Norm! I already grabbed the switches, and I'll check to see if I have the wiring already in my car.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I've installed vented seats from scratch which is not too difficult if you have no wiring in place.

I would also get the underseat connector from the donor car as well. I removed my own connector and spliced the new one in, adding the new wires for the vented option. That way you get a secure connector and only have to join wiring.

You will need a copy of the WIS for the wiring diagram. In principle you get power feed to the switches and then 3 wires down to each seat, it took longer to route the wires then actually do the wiring.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Thanks Norm! I already grabbed the switches, and I'll check to see if I have the wiring already in my car.
if you pull the ACC you can see more behind everything. they might be tied up somewhere...if they are there.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if you pull the ACC you can see more behind everything. they might be tied up somewhere...if they are there.
Okay I'll check that out, I've never really paid attention to why spare connectors were back there but I'll look now that I have the switches.

PS- Thanks for the quick response, I forgot to include your name in my last post ;oops:

I'll make sure to grab any wiring/harnesses from the donor car as well.. never know when it might come in handy ;ol;

1 - 7 of 7 Posts