SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this on line< I had the same idea (sort of)

Clean 03-06 9-3 Double Din Install

Need to figure out how to keep factory functions of audio warnings and whatnot ( saw some threads with info that I hope I can follow) I have a few ideas. If anyone can point me to a wiring to do that I woudl be very grateful

·
Super Moderator
20,201 Posts
Leave the EHU in place. Cut wires and use signal from either dash speaker and solder those to the center speaker wires. That will then play warnings and chimes from EHU. Loop fiber optic at ehu. Remove antenna and cut the rest of the wires. Use those wires to wire into new HU and hook up antenna.. You lost the center but who cares, ruins soundstage anyways. So now you have 2xdash and 2xrear sound. New HU should have a few preouts? Run those to the back along with some power for an amp or 2 and maybe also a tap off the front dash speakers for a signal the amps to use. Wire up whatever you want from those amps (the door speakers, 6x9s, subs,etc....) Boom, done.

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

My thought it to pull the stock HU and see if I can find a place to keep it wired outside of the dash ( maybe it will fit somewhere behind the current dash) I have the Nav so its pretty big, but I could gut it leaving the PCB and connectors in place to get rid of the screen and larger case.

I Would need to install a single DIN with a motorized screen most likely, using the current face plate (like these guys) to make a dash mounting face.

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seems this is the way to go^^^ found a few videos on line that show the ICM3 with the face pulled off and stick it behind the glove box. I will wire the chime and signals from that unit to the center speaker and rehire entirely for a new headunit.

Anyone know what cable set I need to keep that steering controls ( I think I have seen a few on line but have gotten mixed signals ( no pun intended)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts