SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey does any one know if i can change my 2001 head lights for 2002 or newer head lights? like are the a direct fir or will i have to change over my front end? i much perfer the clear lenses. thanks for your input

·
Registered
41 Posts
Pretty sure the bottom of the lenses have a different profile and will not line up with the earlier bumper and corner lights correctly. I have a 99 and my buddy has an 04 and when we looked at them side by side they were close, but not exactly the same shape. Also, you'd have to remove the headlight wipers as the blades will scratch the newer plastic housings all to heck. If you want better light your best bet would be getting some e code lenses instead.

·
Registered
480 Posts
tucsonturbo is correct you would have to change the bumper as well. This involves removing the headlight wiper mounts and a bit of custom work. Its not a small job unless you could find a wrecked car with the front intact to take all the pieces from. I have also read complaints from later model 'clear' headlight owners about the quality of light and beam pattern.

·
Registered
41 Posts
E code is slang for european spec lights, they throw a different beam pattern than the US lenses and light up the road better, but apparently have a bit too much glare for DOT so they gave us the neutered lenses instead.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yeah, I don't think they would be an issue, when I lived in Germany I wasn't blinded or burned by any Saab headlights, so I think it's just more DOT silliness.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts