SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I am new on the forum although I have ready threads from it many times in the past :D

I am currently trying to see if I can improve the look and feel of my 2006 9-3 Seda 2.0T driver seat! It works perfectly, but the cushion has more wear than I would like and the trim that holds the power controls to adjust the seat has broken.

So, in my search for a better driver seat I found ONLY one that deserved my attention, but the problem with this seat is that it has memory. So, here goes my question...

Do you know if I could swap my current driver seat (power controls, no memory) for a better looking driver seat with power controls AND memory? I am no mechanic or expert in cars, I just love to have my car looking as fresh as possible ;ol;

Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
8,808 Posts
If you want full operation, yyou need to connect I-bus to pin 23 under driver seat connector.

It might work without I-bus, but you do not have "ping" voice when you put position to memory.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ideally, I would like the full operation, but I would be happy with the heated seat and the ability to adjust the position. I am not so worries about the memory functionality really.

I am assuming the I-bus thing should come in the seat and the pin 23 is already under my driver seat connector, right? Honestly this is basic Chinese for me.

May be something worth noting is that I am looking into getting the seat (if experience people from the forum gives me the green light ;) ) and getting a mechanic to change it for me since I do not have any of the tools needed to take the seat out, or the knowledge not to break anything in the process. :cheesy:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HA! You made me think with that reply...thank you btw :cheesy:

I just did some Googling and found that the I-bus is a communications "channel", so what you are saying is that I should connect the pin 23 from the Driver seat module/connector to the I-bus.

Would this enable the memory feature? Or the whole thing? I am assuming that if I have power seats and heated seats those two would be working by just plugging in the same cables on the same pins, right?

Thank you for ur patience btw :lol:

·
Registered
8,808 Posts
You can connect pin 23 anywhere to I bus (it is communication channel).

Seat heaters needs own wires from ACC module (or MCC module) which have seat heater switches (and function).

If your car do not have seat heaters, there is NO wires. You also need to change ACC/MCC module and reprogram it with TECH2.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you know how to connect a pin to the I-bus? Any sources you can share?

My seats have heaters already, and they can be adjusted in all directions electronically with the handles on the side of the seat. Honestly, they look the same as the seats with memory, but mine do not have the trim with the memory buttons (I would share an image, but seem like I can't because I am too new to the forum).

Why do you think I would need to change the ACC/MCC module and reprogram it with TECH2? That would be too much trouble for me :confused:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can connect pin 23 anywhere to I bus (it is communication channel).

Seat heaters needs own wires from ACC module (or MCC module) which have seat heater switches (and function).

If your car do not have seat heaters, there is NO wires. You also need to change ACC/MCC module and reprogram it with TECH2.
Mimmi...if the seat is the exact same seat (not the seat we have been talking about, but the exact same seat) from a different car, would that need Tech2 programming or could just be plugged?

·
Registered
8,808 Posts
Do you have seat heater buttons in ACC/MCC?
If yes, you are good to go.
If no, you need to change ACC/MCC to seat heater button version and reprogram it with TECH2. You also need wires between ACC/MCC and seats.

For memory, try to plug new seat to car and report back if you have memory function or not.
If not, you need to connect seat connector pin 23 to anywhere to I-bus.
You can easily find I-bus in OBD port pin 1 (green). DO NOT CUT WIRE FROM OBD PORT, connect in parallel.

·
Registered
8,808 Posts
Mimmi...if the seat is the exact same seat (not the seat we have been talking about, but the exact same seat) from a different car, would that need Tech2 programming or could just be plugged?
No need of reprogramming, direct swap.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do you have seat heater buttons in ACC/MCC?
If yes, you are good to go.
If no, you need to change ACC/MCC to seat heater button version and reprogram it with TECH2. You also need wires between ACC/MCC and seats.

For memory, try to plug new seat to car and report back if you have memory function or not.
If not, you need to connect seat connector pin 23 to anywhere to I-bus.
You can easily find I-bus in OBD port pin 1 (green). DO NOT CUT WIRE FROM OBD PORT, connect in parallel.
I have the heater buttons on the dashboard yeah, they work now with my current seat ;ol;

1 - 12 of 12 Posts