SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've read alot of stuff on hear and saw the final outcome, that the 9-3 grill fits perfectly on the ng900's. i'd like to make the swap as well, but since my car is a v6, and the only thing that lets others know its a v6 is a little badge on the front....has anyone made the swap and was able to keep the v6 symbol, or is it gone with the old grille?

·
Registered
9,874 Posts
I don't think you can keep the V6 symbol if you put the 9-3 grille on ...

But there is no reason you can't keep both ... swap them back and forth to give the car a fresh look every once in a while.;)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i see, thats too bad,

but u make it sound like its really really simple,..you think a none machanicly inlined dude could do it? (i changed the brake light bulb today!!)

is it just a matter of unhooking some clamps?-and i know the 9-3 grille has more depth in it, but it is still flush with the headlights?

thanks.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
it'll be flush. I wouldn't call em clamps, clips though. Yeah, just two on the top. There is nothing else in the way that needs out either, couldn't get much easier.

·
Registered
9,874 Posts
5 minutes and you would have them swapped ... and that includes the time it takes to leave the house, unlock the car, open the hood, do the replacement ... and then lock everything up and get back into the house ... with a fresh beer out of the fridge!:eek:

It's that easy!:cheesy:

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
SaabScott said:
It's that easy!:cheesy:
Yeah, really! I was telling some of my C900 friends about my Viggen intercooler and took off the grille. Then I popped off the plastic cover around the oil cap to show them something else and they started joking about how the NG was the "quick release Saab"!

·
Registered
9,423 Posts
Most hoods didn't after the 80's. My grandmother's 85 Buick did! Does that mean it's more Saab-like than my NG900?:lol::cheesy: It does break down a lot!:cheesy:

Anyway, to even attempt the V-6 badge would clutter the 9-3 grille. Besides, the V-6 or turbo grille symbols date the car to 96 or earlier.

·
Registered
569 Posts
are you trying to diss on the C900's? i sure hope not... :( hehe i know they're unreliable... but they're also some of the most charming cars on the road! love it!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bkrell said:
Anyway, to even attempt the V-6 badge would clutter the 9-3 grille. Besides, the V-6 or turbo grille symbols date the car to 96 or earlier.
why aftter 96 a v6 wasnt identified at all?

·
Registered
9,423 Posts
None of the cars were identified by grille badges anymore. The 2.3, of course, never was, I don't believe. The Turbo and the V-6 badge were on the rear right.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts